Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 3rd Annual St Louis Hot Rod Hundred Reliability Run - Oct 8, 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, Jun 22, 2016.

1. PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!

On behalf of the CrossMembers Car Club, we'd like to thank all who participated in the 2015 StL Hot Rod Hundred, and made it such an awesome day of riding around in hot rods (and a few Kustoms)!

The Hot Rod Hundred is designed to bring back something that has been missing for the last few decades…..driving. The StL Hot Rod Hundred will be a drive that is off of the beaten path of everyday travel, for most folks. We'll drive on two lane state highways, cruise through some small towns, and have some rest stops along the way, so we can admire each other's cars and regroup. You are guaranteed a route that is 100 miles or greater.

Don’t want to drive your precious hot rod or custom that far? Maybe this event isn’t for you. This event embraces road chips and bug guts as a badge of honor. Go a hundred or go home………..

The starting point is still yet to be determined, however, we will be ending at the Rennick Pavilion, #1 Elbert Dr, Washington, MO 63090. The Light for the Lost cook team will be preparing a great lunch for all the participants, and there will be a tip jar for them, should you want to help their fund raising efforts towards missionary literature.

Schedule of events:

7:45AM - Check-in begins
    8:30AM - Check-in closes
    8:45AM - Driver meeting
    9:00AM - Departure

Due to the number of registered cars this year, it's highly probable that stopping places along the route will not accommodate all of us to gather at one time. This is actually a good thing, as it will allow participants to stop when they want/need to along the way, for bio-breaks, fuel, etc.

PLEASE NOTE - There are a few specific changes to the registrations for 2016 due to the logistics of the event:
    • The focus of the event will be for cars and trucks 1964 and older. (If you participated in the 2014 or 2015 event, you are still welcome!)
    • All pre-registration entries must be postmarked by September 9, 2016 to receive the event T-shirt. You may still register after September 9, but registration will be $30, and you may or may not get a T-shirt, as we will be limited on the "extra" shirts that we order.
    • The organizers may choose to cap the number of registered participants accepted based on the final route chosen.

For more information, contact Bret Chrismer

Please click "Download File" to get your registration form.
    [​IMG]
    hrh-stl-2016-entry.pdf
    Download File

MO_JUNK and guthriesmith like this.
  2. Already have received a few pre-registrations coming in, and several out of towners saying that they will likely join us. Last year, we had roughly 90 cars participating, and if we have turnout like we did in Springfield, we could easily have around 150 this year.

3. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

These are great events if you like to drive your cars/trucks. You'll meet some great folks and enjoy some beautiful scenery in rural America.

guthriesmith likes this.
  4. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Registrations are rolling in and Oct. will be here too soon for me, since I like summer. Pre-registration ends 3 weeks from tomorrow. Will we take them later?...... maybe, but don't count on it. Get 'em in early.

guthriesmith likes this.

5. mopacltd

mopacltd

I did the one in Phoenix this year with the 6 cylinder '55. Plan on doing next years in the hemi Model A.

bchrismer and guthriesmith like this.
  6. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Will you be sharing the route here in advance of the event?

7. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Once we get it finalized, but that will likely be a few weeks still. Generally, it will start in the Chesterfield bottoms area, run south and west down through Labadie, Robertsville, etc, and circle back up to Washington.

8. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I'm looking forward to this one.
    Got any motel suggestions?

9. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

Can local folks show up at the Pavillion to check out the cars? Or is it closed to the drivers only?

bchrismer likes this.
  10. I'd hope locals show up and check out the cars and take LOTS of photos!

11. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Sure, come on out...... St. Louis has some REALLY NICE CARS, and we've somehow been able to convince them to bring them out to follow a couple of beaters:D.

guthriesmith likes this.
  12. LOL. No truer words have ever been typed! I'm amazed that some of them would be seen in public with the likes of us.

cvstl and guthriesmith like this.
  13. We are down to the last couple of days for pre-registration. If you intend to participate, hop on over to http://www.hotrodhundred.com/st-louis.html and download the form, fill it out, and send it in. You can also use paypal, sending your registration fundage to [email protected]. Be sure to include all the answers on the form, and indicate that it is for StL.

14. Great news for any procrastinators who missed out on pre-registering. Clay extended the date until this Friday, Sept 23!

If you intend to participate, hop on over to http://www.hotrodhundred.com/st-louis.html and download the form, fill it out, and send it in. You can also use paypal, sending your registration fundage to [email protected]. Be sure to include all the answers on the form, and indicate that it is for StL.

15. A week from tomorrow, I'll be blasting up the highway towards StL to take care of all the last minute stuff with Clay and the crew. Current registration is right at the 125 mark, plus at least 6 club members cars. Yes, we will still take "day of" registrations, but if you are planning on joining us, it would be greatly helpful if you can shoot me an e-mail and let me know that you are coming. I can go ahead and get your name on the registration spreadsheet, and it will help us to plan the with the guys that are catering the event.

cvstl and guthriesmith like this.
  16. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I'll be leaving out of Tulsa Friday morning.
    Still haven't got a motel as of yet, where are folks from out of town staying?

17. If you are coming over just for the HRH, you might want to choose something in the Chesterfield valley, or O'Fallon, MO, along highway 64 (40/61).

If you are coming over for Ron Hickman's Celebration of Life event, there are several of those folks staying here: https://www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/earth-city/stlec/hoteldetail

18. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I know at least 1 is staying at the Motel 6 in Bridgeton on Hollenberg Dr. If you have a specific brand you like shoot me a PM or txt or call (number's on the email I sent) and I'll point you in the right direction. Clay

19. gonmad

gonmad

I heard there's some really nice hotels in Ferguson.......:eek:
    LoL!

20. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

That's enough out of you.... Mr I'm on vacation and can't make another one.....o_O

bchrismer, gonmad and guthriesmith like this.
  21. 2016StLHRH.jpg.jpg

The St Louis t-shirts, and awards, have arrived at Clay's office, and we'll be prepping the pre-entry bags Friday night.

Count is currently at 140 participating vehicles and about 280 people.

Man, this is gonna be fun.

guthriesmith likes this.
  22. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Looks like it's going to be some nice fall like weather.
    I'm heading out shorty and hit a few places along 66.
    See you guys tomorrow morning.

Tim

guthriesmith and cvstl like this.
  23. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Well unfortunately I had some problems arise today and had to return home.
    Hope everybody has a good time tomorrow and I'll try and be better prepared for next year.

24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

25. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

That's a bummer, knew you were missing and actually were holding the start until Bret called..... we had fun anyway.... no pics yet, but I have a few I'll post later this evening.

bchrismer likes this.
  26. I just got home from StL a bit ago. It's been a non stop hot rodding weekend for me, and I haven't even taken the time to look at any of the photos I snapped on my phone along the route.

Looking forward to seeing other folk's perspective of the run.

27. As I said before, best ''ROD RUN'' ever in this area. Everything was perfect. Now let's see the pictures.

guthriesmith likes this.
  28. The only photo David really wants us to show, him holding the CrossMembersCC "Club Pick" award. LOL 20161008_141000.jpg

gonmad, Stogy, cvstl and 1 other person like this.
  29. 20161008_074000.jpg
    How could we resist?

gonmad, T&A Flathead, Stogy and 2 others like this.