Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 3rd Annual Midwest Forty Ford Gathering - 9/17/2022

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, Feb 7, 2022.

1. MIDWEST 40 DAY 2022.png

I believe the saying is "Strike while the iron is hot", so with the recent news of Forties Unlimited pulling the plug on their long standing Forty Ford Day event, I figured I should go ahead and create a thread for the 3rd Annual Midwest Forty Ford Day. Normally I would hold off on creating the thread until I received the T-shirt artwork from B-Scott Studio.

The past two years have been a lot of fun hosting a small group of Forty Fords down in the town of Crane, MO, and hopefully this news will help inspire others to come join us this year. At the very least, help me sell additional t-shirts to help me cover the cost of the event.

I always try to give B-Scott total freedom with whatever he wants to design, but this year I suggested a '40 Convertible for the artwork, but told him if there was something else that he had in mind, feel free to roll with it.

The event will be held at the Crane, MO City Park, however, due to lodging being non-existent down in Crane, we'll use the Quality Inn & Suites Chesterfield Village as the "host hotel". https://www.guestreservations.com/quality-inn-suites-springfield/booking

The event date is officially September 17, however, many of the out of town folks will be coming in on Friday, September 16. For those folks, I will plan on being at the host hotel to check in participants and hand out their event t-shirts. Since most folks spent their time hanging out in the parking lot, that should work out great. There's several restaurants within walking distance from the hotel, or you can hop in your '40 and find something else within a few minutes drive.

We'll do the same as last year on Saturday morning, and meet up over in the parking lot behind the restaurants by 8:30AM and leave promptly at 9:00 to make the 30 mile drive down to Crane. We'll more than likely take the same back road route to get there, as it provided some cool scenery along the way.

I do have one food vendor that has reached out to me and expressed an interest in bringing their food truck to the park. There are also a few restaurants in town that would love to have your lunch business. You are also more than welcome to brown bag it.

There will be no trophies or awards, just a cool location to hang out with a bunch of other '40 Ford owners. My little buddy Robert, who gave out trophies for his "Birthday Car Show" last year has been dealing with some serious health issues over the last month or so. I don't know if he will be up to it by then, but he always has free reign to hand out awards if he's up to it.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  2. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

2021 OR 2022 ??????????

3. Thanks for that reminder to update my signature on here.

The 3rd Annual is in 2022.

chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  4. Event artwork received and approved today. If anyone is interested in pre-ordering their 3rd Annual Midwest Forty Ford Gathering t-shirt, I've got them for sale on the club website.

https://roarin30s.com/product/3rd-annual-midwest-forty-ford-gathering-short-sleeve-t-shirts/

Like the last two years, I will collect orders until the end of May, and place the first order to get them distributed ASAP. Depending on the order volume, we may get another one done by mid Summer, and the final order for the event in September.

Thanks.

chryslerfan55, Tim and dwollam like this.

5. Ordered a shirt, good luck with the event. If I still lived in Kansas City I'd make it a point to run down for the day.

bchrismer likes this.
  6. Thanks! It'll probably be late June before I get them from B-Scott, but it'll get shipped out priority mail when I get them in.

chryslerfan55 and dwollam like this.
  7. Actually, if I can get enough t-shirts orders to make it worth while placing an orderwith B-Scott, I would like to send that to them in April so guys can have their shirts most of the summer!

Tim and dwollam like this.
  8. dwollam

dwollam

@bchrismer , We won't be able to make it this year but I will be ordering a t-shirt. Keep up the good work!

Dave & Florence

bchrismer likes this.
  9. The first round of t-shirts have arrived and I started mailing them out today for all of the pre-ordered t-shirts. I do have a few L, XL, and 2X shirts that haven't been spoken for. If I don't currently have the size you want, you can place a backorder, and I will be ordering the second round of t-shirts in June, to ship out around the beginning of July.
    https://roarin30s.com/merchandise/
    279318118_138890228711774_5556918114090956543_n.jpg 279205883_138890278711769_7172832110542670465_n.jpg

10. dwollam

dwollam

Ordered! Wish I was going. :(

Dave

bchrismer likes this.
  11. 40Vert

40Vert

Ordered shirts, can't wait to meet up in Missouri!

dwollam and bchrismer like this.
  12. In the mailbox heading out today.

chryslerfan55 and dwollam like this.
  13. Cheeta

Cheeta

See ya there.

bchrismer and dwollam like this.
  14. Way cool, Mark! I dropped shirts in the mail to you this morning.

15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Turning into quite the event! Glad to see it continue :)

chryslerfan55 and bchrismer like this.
  16. Absolutely. It may not be the biggest gathering, but it's a cool little event.

17. Ordered a shirt

bchrismer likes this.
  18. Just a friendly bump for those who may not have seen the event info. Give me a shout if you need any additional info or have other questions.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Is the mustache real?

dwollam likes this.
  20. What mustache? ;{)

dwollam, chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  21. For those of you guys who liked the magnets that I had made up for last year's event, I did get some made for this year's Midwest Forty Ford Gathering, and had 50 of them made of the 2020 event, for those of you who would like to complete your collection. ;-) These are 3"x3". The 2020 magnets should arrive sometime next week.

Screenshot_20220729-115348_Chrome.jpg 20220609_144310.jpg 20220609_144259.jpg

LOU WELLS, VF-1 and Tim like this.
  22. dwollam

dwollam

Cool Bret! Prices?

Dave

23. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I want one.

bchrismer likes this.
  24. I’ll take a 2020 and 2021 when they come in. How to order?

25. You know, I probably should have worked through that before posting them up.

How's $4/ea or $10 for all three sound to you guys? That covers my cost plus shipping and throws a buck or so into the kitty.

The 39 guy and Budget36 like this.
  26. Where do I send the $$

27. VF-1

VF-1

Hotel reservations made! Looking forward to the get together!!

bchrismer and Weedburner 40 like this.
  28. You can paypal to [email protected] or if you want to send a check, you can make it out to Roarin' 30's of Missouri and mail it to:

Bret Chrismer
    3722 S Forest Ave
    Springfield, MO 65807

Either way is fine. Just let me know what you want in the comments of the paypal or in a note with a check.

29. dwollam

dwollam

Paypal sent for 10 Bucks @bchrismer ! Thanks Bret.

Dave

30. No prob. I won't have the 2020 magnets until next week. Once I have them I will drop the set in the mail to you.

dwollam likes this.