Register now to get rid of these ads!

3D Cad model of small block chev engine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brianangus, Jun 24, 2006.

1. vlholyoak

vlholyoak
    from Provo

I have been looking for simple models of the exhaust and intake manifolds. Would you mind sending me the exhaust and intake manifold in an IGES format. I am learning a software to analyze the air flow through this system.
    I also think the entire engine is pretty cool and I definitely would not be opposed to getting the entire assembly also. My email is [email protected]

Thank you, and great work

2. ZSIETING

ZSIETING
    from norther MI

Hello, I have been searching for this for a long time. I am a designer for a company in Northern Michingan and I use solidworks. Check out our company website: www.hayescouplings.com.

Any way could I also get a copy of the engine model. I would prefer solidworks but any standard 3d file will be sufficient. Thanks for you help.

my email is [email protected]

3. It would be a huge help if i could get a copy of this to mock up my new build
    Email address is [email protected]

4. Keep

Keep

If you sent it my way I can upload to a server so you do not have to send it out all over the world. Folks can just download what they want. I have unlimited data transfer so it should not be an issue. If you like i can set up an FTP account for you and you can load what you want.

[email protected]

5. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

I hope you're not planning on installing that Chevy 3D model into a 54 Plymouth 3D model......

....oops, sorry, wrong thread.

6. Chops

Chops

Now thats funny

7. oj

oj

Anybody know of other 3d modeling stuff available? Nice to have a library and that we can add to.

8. 3258

Hey guys,
    i am new the the HAMB, I just found it because i was looking for models of sbc's.
    Anyway, I would like to try to bum all or part of the model, I am working on my IR intake for my race car and would like to see how it fits in with the rest of the engine. So...... I use SolidWorks 07, can anybody help me out?
    Let me know if anybody is interested in my model.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      50.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      43.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      61.7 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      64 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      66.4 KB
      Views:
  9. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

I have been following this thread.
    Just wondering, have all you guys that have asked for the model of the SBC gotten it?

3258, nice work.

The sbc model is not completely acurate, but it looks good. The heads are not offset.

I am still looking for the Big block Chevy, or drawings good enough to build one.

10. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Did you get the model?
    If not, I can send it to you.
    Let me know.

Its kind of a pain in the butt:eek:, but doing it once would be cool.:cool:

11. 3258

I can also send all of my parts/assy to be loaded to a server, let me know if that is what you want me to do.

12. valkokir

valkokir
    from DeKalb, IL

I'd be interested in contributing to a parts library. The stipulation being that it was only accessible to Alliance members.
    I've got too many hours in my models to give them away to all the one-hit-wonders running a google search and finding this thread.
    If that means people find us on google and want to invest $50 in the HAMB to get access then that's money for the HAMB and I'm good with that. Not like that will stop anyone from distributing it as they see fit after that.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  13. 3258

I guess i am one of those who found the HAMB on a google search, but i do have something to contribute for others on the HAMB wich i did put a lot of time into......

14. Keep

Keep

No I did not must have got caught somewhere. Check your PM's I will set up an account and you can just load it up.

15. valkokir

valkokir
    from DeKalb, IL

I think you do intend to contribute at least something here, it's evident in your first thread. But if you look at this threads history you'll see a proliferation of people who register, leave an email address for you to send your files to and have no intention of coming back.

This is a traditional hot rod forum, which you already know since you've joined. And as the new member area will tell you, there are some requirements for being a member here. You should check those out before you go much further.

You probably think I have a holier than thou attitude but I assure you I don't mean to come across that way. Hell, I got the original SBC model from maddog, I'm certainly not the originator of it. It's not mine to decide who gets to have it, but I do have say over who gets my original parts. Have a good way to share or trade them for other things I need without the leeches getting a hold of them? I'm all ears.

16. Keep

Keep

I contacted brianangus about hosting these files. He said as along as he gets credit for the files he created he has no issue with it.

I have set up a folder on my site just for these files, password protecting access to that directory is not very hard if that is how you all would like it setup. But trying to manage where/how users get these passwords becomes an issue. If the user/pass gets out to the world, well its not much use and would have to be changed, resulting in valid users not being able to access files.

Again its simple to setup, but can become an issue down the road.

17. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

I hope this all works out. I have a bunch of stuff (hotrod related)to add to the collection on the server.

Just want to make this clear, I originally got the model from Brian and feel better about him saying its all ok. I was wondering about that.

I spent some time today with a buddy of mine that is a 3D video animater in Hollywood. He does some really big stuff. He is going to try to find a BBC model.

18. Maddog approached me and asked if it would be okay to host the small block files, and I gave him a definite okay on that. I have sent out the link to these files over 1000 times since I created them, and although I always intended them to be "public domain", it has become a bit of a hassle for me. So--Maddog--go for it---good luck---and I REALLY HOPE THAT SOMEBODY WILL ACCURATELY MODEL THE FRIGGIN BOSSES ON THAT BLOCK TO MOUNT THE STARTER, FUEL PUMP, AND OIL FILTER.---Brian

19. 55 gasser

55 gasser
    from michigan

Hey, everybody.
    I've put a request out here for access to the sbc files with no responce? Work here is slow right now and can help model details on the block or anything else. please let me know, and where to get the files.
    thanks

20. 55 gasser

55 gasser
    from michigan

21. Read post #1 in this thread. I believe that this great project started with the 2D CAD drawing that I did and used for designing chassis for dirt track cars. You guys are to be congratulated......lots of work and hours put in !! :)

22. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Hey Johnny Fast, its all your fault.:D

Keep has the zipped file of the SBC and tranny on his server now. At this point the ball is in his court. Not sure what to do next.

Valkokor had the idea that you must be an alliance member to access the files. Although I understand that logic that would that leave me out because I am not an alliance member. Another idea would be to get files if you contribute files. There is a lot of computer geeks out there that have no interest in the hamb. They still make cool and usuable 3d files that could benifit this library.

23. Chops

Chops

Hello all;

I have requested the files because I too am a little slow at work and would love to go through the SBC and do some of the features that are off and maybe change the mates to cam mates so you could animate it through solidworks, I guess it would just be fun too look at. Also I have a friend who owns a shop that is a SEMA member and has done a lot of work with Chevy and Ford and has a shit ton of CAD models that he has shared with me and would probably let me up load on to this server you guys are working on. I too have various other assemblies to go through and share what is deemed worthy.

[email protected]

24. 3258

i am ready to send my files, let me know what format and where to send.

[email protected]

25. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

I sent Keep a PM so he would check this thread. We should hear from him at some point.

Maybe he took off to Mexico with the SBC model.:eek:

Or worst yet, China. :eek: He could be over there reproducing it in large volume with cheesey parts full of lead.:eek:

Soon they will be in the Speedway Motors catalog.:eek:

26. Keep

Keep

Sorry folks I didn't get a chance to check the posts yesterday!

If you want to d/l the files they are located here.

http://www.netquickposse.org/hamb

If you wish to add files send me a pm and I will get you the info on how to do so.

B

27. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Man, thats nice.

This should get interesting.

28. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Just wondering, did everyone or anyone go to Keep's site and download the SBC model?

29. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Valkokir sent me a cleaned up version of the SBC block and a couple ford scripts. I put them on Keeps site.

If you have something to add, PM Keep and he will tell you how to upload your files.

I am still looking for a Big Block Chevy model.:D

30. valkokir

valkokir
    from DeKalb, IL

Cool, good work putting your heads together on a place to store files. That block is based on drawings out of my Chevy Performance book, anything not dimensioned there was measured off my block (1980) as best I could. There's detail in sketches that don't have features associated, like the starter bolt pattern. I tried to leave details that I didn't know the dimensions to under-defined so it was obvious I wasn't making them up (pushrod holes on the heads for example) Any of the accessories from Brian's model that were contributed by others will "bolt on" and much of the aesthetic detail is borrowed from his design.