Register now to get rid of these ads!

3D Cad model of small block chev engine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brianangus, Jun 24, 2006.

1. protomachinist

protomachinist
    from CT

hi everyone, i just joined because im very interested in what you guys have done. I'm a proto-type machinist and have design skills in mastercam alibre and some solidworks, if you guys ever need anything let me know, maybe a scale model?

2. 51pontiac

51pontiac
    from Alberta

Don't know if anybody is interested but Autodesk has a new product that is being "tested" now called Project Photofly. Basically a series of photos and you can build a 3D model from it. I used a free one a few years ago that did this (photomodeler) but am anxious to see what Autodesk comes up with.

3. protomachinist

protomachinist
    from CT

one question, does anyone know where i can find the blueprints or specs for a 351 block?

4. Suresh

Suresh
    from Australia

Hi Brian,
    Kindly forward the .stp or iges model of Chev small and big blocks to [email protected] . I am interested in looking in to the cooling loop from the bottom radiator to the top hose from the block.

Good day
    Suresh

5. elwoodblues79

elwoodblues79

hey guys i a little late on this post but if the offer is still available could i get a 3d cad of the chevy 350, it would be really useful for my projects, - [email protected] --- thanks a lot
    in solidwork, iges or step

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  6. Summy

Summy
    from Brisbane

would love a good model of a SBC... in return i have a few full LS engines that are 100% accurate if anyone needs any

davids - at - performancewholesale{dot}com{dot}au

7. dieselpower1987

dieselpower1987

does anyone have a small block chevy in *.iges format? I use rhino...thx

8. Here you go--chev v8 in .iges format. Its too early to run my lathe or mill, wife is still sleeping, so I done this up as an iges file. there may be some mate errors that you have to correct or delete.---Brian Rupnow ( Click this link for a download and let me know how it works out.)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j301n77f0ky4xb2

9. A Bum

A Bum
    from Wa state

I am doing a blower mod and would love to get your basic solid of the s/b Chev.
    Maybe i can contribute to the model?
    Scott
    435-466-3295

10. Scott---This is an old, old thread. I have posted download links to just about every cad format available. Try the download links. If they don't work, send me another email and I'll try to put a fresh link up for you.---Brian Rupnow

11. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi,
    Ive searched through all the posts for various cad models to build my 29 ford roadster and have gathered a bunch. I still need 3d models of a 32 ford grill, muncie 4 speed and a model A front axle undropped. Has anyone modeled these parts yet? My real project is in the garage and it will be a while before I can get to it but the virtual build is a blast.

12. Mcmarcy

Mcmarcy
    from Germany

Hey guys,
    I'm Marcel, 24years Old and from Germany.
    At the Moment I'm Building a Racecar With a 350cui SBC Gen 1.
    The Main Problem at the Moment is the Gearbox.
    I'll put an BMW gearbox in the SBC.
    Thats why I'm here.
    I would be verry Happy to have an CAD Model of the 350 to Build an Adapter plate between SBC and gearbox.
    Can Someone please send me this Model?

Greetings from Germany
    Marcy

13. 3258

14. bronc3buster842001

bronc3buster842001
    from Missouri

bringing this back from the dead.. I have a complete SBC model.. Bad thing is Im using Alibre Design and can't export models..

So if any one has Alibre Design pro or expert, I can send them the files to post on here as .step models...

15. Roger56

Roger56
    from Sweden

Hi, I'm using Alibre Design and I would be very interested in your Chevy SB.

16. This thread brings back so many memories of my days at Boeing in Renton and Seattle WA. In about 1973,74 I wrote software on a Wang 2200 computer in Basica or GWBasic that took wing shapes with 100 x,y coordinates from root to tip of the wing and we created a wireframe of wings. With help I wrote the software that could cut the wing at any plane which led to fuel volumes, landing gear structures, etc. The engineers loved it.

The most interesting part of the whole project was when (about 1975 or 76) we gave the complete coordinated defining a wing to some guys in a building across the street from SeaTac airport. Also a Boeing group. They developed software that would shine a light on an object and make it look almost real. It was very impressive at that time. They were very excited to get a real airplane part to use since they had just a simple cup and saucer to show off what they developed. It took 20+ hours to render the image so we came back the next day to see a wing on a computer monitor. There was some very big names there to see the results including Alan Mulally who went on to become the CEO of Ford. About a year later I heard that 2 of the guys who had a major roll in developing the surface rendering software went to work for George Lucas and helped with the movie Star Wars.

I'm not claiming to be the inventor of Auto Cad. No doubt Lockheed, McDonald Douglas, Chevrolet, Ford etc. were all doing the same thing at about the same time. The software we developed did show Boeing that it was the future in designing airplanes as they are today. In the mid 80's Boeing spent millions on a cad/cam system Intergraph which was a flop. They then went to Catia.

17. bronc3buster842001

bronc3buster842001
    from Missouri

Look over on gradcad.com.. I uploaded my model on there..

18. Roger56

Roger56
    from Sweden

Found nothing but a lot of links.

19. bronc3buster842001

bronc3buster842001
    from Missouri