Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 392 Hemi rocker arms by Gotha?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slayer, Mar 28, 2021.

1. I scored these Gotha adjustable exhaust rockers a while back. Does anyone here have any experience running these on a street/strip car? There forged aluminum with steel inserts on the valve side and bushings on the shafts. Thay also have oil feeds to the adjusters, but nothing to the valve tip. I know Chrysler exhaust rockers were one of the Hemis' weak links. 18402.jpeg

loudbang and saltracer219 like this.
  2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Many bar style rockers do not have oil fed to the valve tip end especially with solid lifter cams. If you saw the amount of oil flying around at 1000-3000 rpm under a rocker cover you would amazed. With a gap on every stroke there is plenty of oil. Stock GMC 6’s have an insert on the valve tip end on both the pressed steel spot welded rockers and the cast ones.

loudbang likes this.
  3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotha's have a good reputation. I have a set on my' '51 Olds Rocket. I believe the term "Score" is correct.

I wonder if these were made by the German aviation company that made the large bombers that decimated London in WWI?

loudbang likes this.
  4. Fordors

Fordors

No connection to the German aircraft company, this Gotha was located in Harvey, IL and later moved to Frankfort another Chicago south suburb.
    I have a NOS steel Gotha Chevy 168 tooth flywheel, but other than f/w’s and adjustable rockers for a number of engines I don’t know if they made anything else.

5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In my best "Foghorn J. Leghorn" voice " "That's a joke, son".

I think here are enough older guys on this forum to appreciate that.:D

loudbang likes this.
  6. deucemac

deucemac

My cousin Pat McHenry was the machinist for Gotha from the beginning until end. He raced AMA flattrack from the 40's to the 60s, national number 41. His deal with Gotha was that he could go racing all season long. As long as he produced enough stock in the off season the last until he returned from racing. But, if they ran out of something because he hadn't made enough, then he had to come home and make enough product to last past the end of racing. He told me that he learned quick and only a couple of times had to park his bike to bring stock up to quantity. He passed away about 3 years ago at 81 and had a few Gotha items he saved for himself. Not to use but as momentos from his time at Gotha. By the way, I am not sure how you pronounce the name, but officially it is Go-tha, not Gotha like the ancient European Goths.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Fordors

Fordors

tubman will be appearing in the Comedy Lounge all week folks. Don’t forget to tip the barmaid.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Anyone else have an opinion?