Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '39 Tudor '39 Fordor fenders question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTFuzz, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Are the fenders the same for both Tudor and Fordor ? How about the running boards. In other words, can I put '39 Ford Delux Fordor fenders on a '39 Tudor??
    Thanks guys........CT

2. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

38 dlx to 40 the same except tail lite hole on the forty

3. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

THEY JUST BOLT ON IF THEY ARE BOTH DELUXE AUTOS.

4. The body is a '39 Std. and the fenders are from a '39 Delux....................I don't care if they bolt on, just need them to fit. Also, did any '39'S have just one tail light.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015

5. one more time

6. Standards had one tail light.

7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

39 std fenders in front are very different from deluxe 39 or 40's as are the running boards. I am not sure of the rear fenders but suspect they are also.

8. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Pretty sure rear 38-39-40 same except taillight hole.........Front 38 and 39 standard are same ......39 deluxe and 40 are same. ?

9. I believe the question is " can I put '39 Ford Delux Fordor fenders on a '39 Tudor??" The frames are the same so it should work.

10. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Yes the 38 Deluxe and 39 deluxe rear fenders are the same. The 39 Deluxe Fenders will NOT bolt on to the 38 Deluxe or 39 Standard. The cowl is shaped differently. As others have stated the the running boards between 39 standard and 39 deluxe will not interchange.

39 Deluxe and 40 Ford fenders can be interchanged but they are not the same.

The difference between them is hard to see at a glance. The difference is a the 39 Deluxe has a slight recession between the headlight and the grill where the 40 fenders do not. If anyone wants to see pictures of this difference I will be happy to take some comparison pictures and post them.

11. 39guy - yes please if you will the difference in the fronts - I have a collection of front fenders that came with my 39 deluxe....and I think the previous owner thought a 40 standard was the same....also have bought what I believe are a pair of 39D fronts....also have a lot of hoods but I think the chrome and holes should help....