Register now to get rid of these ads!

39 ford tail-lites

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mel smith, Jun 1, 2013.

1. mel smith

mel smith
    from georgia

Who has the best quality 39 tail lites, Speedway, Mac's, Bob Drake or other? Thanks

2. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

Got a pair from Speedway six yrs and no problums

3. I got mine from Vintiques - I think they make them for many other sellers. Nice quality

4. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

If you want the gawkers behind you to see you at night or see you stopping or turning during the day, I would go with Technostalgia lights. I think they look and fit great and a lot more visable than standard reproduction 39 tail lights. You can get them at most of the main mail order vendors, Speedway, Old Dog, Yogi's, etc.

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Ford makes a good one.

6. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

I second this: my 39 taillights were always dim--no matter what I did,they never were bright enough in the daytime. After almost getting rear-ended last year,I saw the Technostalgia lights at the GNRS this year. I had to hunt for a retail sales outlet: Technostalgia doesn't sell direct. I got mine thru Summit--they are THE best update I've done--super bright on both taillight and brake light. Not cheap, but money well spent!

7. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

I found this--see for yourself---

Attached Files:

8. no they don't - haven't for 50 years :D

I had those on my 37 - they slowly started losing LED's and eventually just gave up to the point where there were only a couple of LED's lighting up, dimmer than old stockers. And you can't replace the bulbs, so that was big bucks in the trash. :(

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

If you paint the insides a bright white it helps a lot. (on the stock type not the leds)

Don

10. That's gospel!

11. I'll 3rd the paint inside white comment. Mine are from speedway and have been fine.

12. cs39ford

cs39ford

Got my pair from speedway in 1990 still working, But put glued alum foil inside to brighten lights