Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

39 Ford style open drive transmission (F-1)

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by jailhousebob, Dec 8, 2018.

1. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

City: crystal lake

State: Illinois
    Price: $600.00
    This is a complete 48-49 F-1 Transmission.These were actually a carry over from the 39 passenger car and 39 to 47 pickups but with open drive.Same 78 part # case,same 81a part # shift tower with the 3 inch shift fork but with open drive,which is perfect if you are building a flathead powered Hot Rod and you want to use something other than the early Ford Banjo rear. This one was taken out of a low mileage F-1 (clock was showing 39,000) and is believed to be correct.Other than some ( Typical ) slight wear on the cluster low gear where it makes contact with the 1st/reverse slider, the gears appear pristine.No rust inside the gear box or the lid,just the remnants of old gear lube.This one even has the often missing and hard to find slip yolk.My guess is it would work fine with a cleaning and some fresh lube but at this point i would take the time to replace seals and gaskets and check the bearings..I don't believe it has ever been apart since leaving the factory.Price includes a sturdy wooden shipping crate.These ship at about 90 pounds in a crate that is approx 15 x 15 by 30 if you want to get a shipping quote. My zip is 60014.Pm for any questions or additional Pics. Bob

Attached Files:

2. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois