Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 39 Ford Sedan, Std. Deluxe What fits What?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTFuzz, Mar 16, 2015.

1. I have a '39 Std.Tudor and will soon have a '39 Deluxe Fordor parts car...................The question is, Have YOU ever put 39 Deluxe front fenders on a 39 Std. body?? I know they don't bolt on, but has anyone done this and what will it take? If I had them both in front of me I wouldn't have to ask, but I won't be getting the parts car for three weeks.
    Thanks guys

2. saltracer219

saltracer219

You will have to swap the cowl as it has completely different mount areas for the fenders and hood. You will also need to use the deluxe running boards. Quite a bit of work but very do-able.

3. Has anyone attempted this ? Can the cowl be reworked to accept the deluxe fenders?

4. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Yes it is doable but will require considerable skill,tools and patience. Best of luck! I hope you do a build thread so we can all see how you go about it.

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Always wondered about that myself.

6. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

^^^^^That goes for me too--seems unreal. I know you can do it on a '40 w/o much grief.

7. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

As above, the cowls are completely different as are the firewalls. Yes, you can change the firewall and the cowl and make a DLX out of it but it would have to be a damn nice body to go to all that work. Having said that, yes I did do the swap once and it worked out fine--drilled all the spot welds out and changed the firewall at the same time--gets pretty involved at the bottom of the cowl where it attaches to the floor pan. Good luck.

8. I also have wondered about this. Hard to believe that ole Henry would have built the standard and deluxe models so different in this basic area. Sounds like Ford and Mercury were closer than standard and deluxe models.