Register now to get rid of these ads!

39 Ford Grille swap into 41 Ford PU

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Glenwoodgasser, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Glenwoodgasser

Glenwoodgasser
    from Arizona

Hello everyone, father/son project underway. Well mostly father lately since he found girls. Need to tap into some fat fender ford expertise.

I like the look of a 39 Ford standard coupe grille better than the stock 41 grille for my sons 41 pickup project. I believe I have seen pictures of this conversion done. I have already begun converting headlights to 39 since I liked that look better too. Am in process of deleting hood trim too. The grille swap looks to be a fairly straight forward but I know better than to assume so I thought I`d ask some of the H.A.M.B. experts. Can someone tell me how much of an effort this swap would be? I have to do something as my original 41 pu grille sides are toast and did not want to purchase 39 parts without having an idea of the fun ahead. If its doable, I am in the market for driver quality parts. Thanks in advance for advise..