Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 39 Ford Deluxe convertible

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jojimg, Oct 11, 2019.

1. jojimg

jojimg

I have a question about how to disemseble the front seat? I am going to recover them but can't figure out how to get it out. IMG_20190904_131750.jpg

Sent from my QTAXIA1 using Tapatalk

2. Like most of the cars of this era there should be 4 bolts installed inside the car to cage nuts underneath the car, they will most likely be stuck and extremely hard to remove.

Try some penetration oil and you may have to use vise grips if the cage nuts are trying to turn, I will be a two man job if they are turning.

Good luck. HRP

3. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

It may be easier to remove the four carriage bolts that hold the seat frame to the "adjuster" slide brackets. They are above the dirt, rust and funk found on the floor under the seat.

4. On a 39 seat, there are 4 carriage bolts the bolt the seat frame/slider assembly to the floor brackets. They are there to actually provide seat angle adjustment if desired. Remove those bolts. this will leave the floor mount brackets in place and open up the area to be able to get to those often stuck for ever bolts. I usually soak them with Gibbs or another penetrating oil, and then use a 3/8 impact to slowly knock them loose.

lothiandon1940 likes this.