Register now to get rid of these ads!

39 chevy vin location ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dave lewis, Jun 11, 2008.

1. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

TBM (Tall Bearded Male) desperately seeking location of VIN# for long term love affair with recently awakened '39 Chev Master Deluxe. After a its 20-year snooze, we can't reconcile registration paperwork with numbers found on car. Are there any suggestions where one might find the appropriate ID numbers to satisfy DMV requirements?

Thank you from the bottom of my love-stricken heart.

Jim (using Dave's account behind his back)

2. Located on the pass. side cowl. But back then they used the engine# as the vin#

3. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Thanks Tim. I was hoping for another location. the motor was switched out for a v/8 back in 72...this guy has owned it since 1960.. and all the paperwork shows what i believe to be the motor #.. guess now i have to take the car to the chp and fill out some more forms!! Good news is we have all the regs. from 1960 till he parked it in 86 that show this guy as the owner all along..
    thanks for your help.
    Dave