Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 39 chevy coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29moonshine, May 12, 2019.

1. 29moonshine

29moonshine

thinking about buying a all original driving business coupe.. what is the best way to up grade the brakes I would like to have duel master on it .I have a rear end a 6cy auto to put in it thanks

2. squirrel

squirrel

hi, welcome

Might depend if it's a Master Deluxe, or a Master 85...they use different front suspension, etc.

The original Huck brakes are not that good, but the later Bendix type brakes used starting in 1951 on Chevy cars and trucks are pretty good.

We need pictures of the car, of course...

3. Rckt98

Rckt98

Yes pictures please, I like 39 Chevs. Can't help you with the brakes, mine has had a later disc braked front end fitted into it. One thing to look at when you mount your diff is getting the wheel centred in the guard, you need to offset the locator hole on the spring pad.

4. 29moonshine

29moonshine

got to go get it before I can post pic. just do not think I am going to want to keep the stock running gear