Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 39-40 Ford pickup Cab mounting wood question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bumpstick, May 4, 2018.

1. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Hey all, I have a question regarding cab mounting wood. I'm building a no-budget pickup and I have a 39 cab. What are the differences between the wood that used on a 39 cab and a 40 cab. It looks like the the 39 is one piece per side and the 40 is 3 piece per side. Can I use either or are there specific reasons for the difference? Thanks -stick IMG_0908.JPG

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. When I disassembled my '40 pickup, the original wooden cab mounts were still there undisturbed. They were one piece, one per side. They were broken, as they often are, right behind the cab. They ran down the full length of the cab and past the rear of the cab by about one foot for the front of the box wooden supports to sit on. The frames seem to flex under severe use and that is why they break there. Anyways, they were one piece mounts not three. Good luck with yours. I built new mounts for the truck when I built it as I am a woodworker .