Register now to get rid of these ads!

38 Pontiac flathead 6 Manifolds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ogbomb, May 13, 2011.

1. 55chieftain

55chieftain

The manifolds look great, very nice work. And the car looks nice too. Another option for 15 caps are these 55 Pontiac caps I put on the 41 I had.

Attached Files:

2. Ogbomb

Ogbomb

I agree, the sombrero look is sweet, just gotta find me some of them caps:D

3. Ogbomb

Ogbomb

Well its been a couple of weeks, but ive got the manifolds on and running, just finished up the exhaust today, The car sounds sweet with the split dual exhaust front to back and drives smoother also. I guess this brings an end to this exercise, im going to give the old girl a tidy up over the rest of the winter, re-wire, rust repair, re-paint and a general tidy up. Ill post pics as i go. Thanks for all the positive comments, enjoy these final pics and please excuse the old tired looking engine bay. Chris.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a couple quick vids here.
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Carnales-New-Zealand/145794825436735

4. Chris, that intake & exhaust fabrication is a real credit to you, great work and it really looks the part........have enjoyed this post...many thanks, andyd

5. 47knucklehead

47knucklehead
    from Ohio

Hey im ineed a good exausht manifold for my 37 pontiac 6 cyl if you could help it would greatly appreachated

6. Ogbomb

Ogbomb

Im wanting to keep the original off the car, depends if you want an original or not. Bear in mind im on the other side of the world, shipping would be through the roof!!! :eek:

7. 47knucklehead

47knucklehead
    from Ohio

well i am still looking for a good one does the bottom half bolt on i think that is all i really need not sure what one weighs but would be couriuos to see about what it would cost to ship thanks for you help tom

8. Ogbomb

Ogbomb

The original bottom half which consists of a hotbox before going into the actual exhaust pipe. Ive done away with all this, my original manifold didnt have the hotbox as it had cracked and broken previous. the new setup will will not bolt up to the original exhaust setup. Ill get a price on freight and see how scary it is. Chris.

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

Dig that intake/exhaust!!! Very Cool!!!

10. 54pathfinder

54pathfinder
    from canada

well done job there! did you see a significant power gain?

11. Ogbomb

Ogbomb

No significant power gain, as the motor is still stock. One day ill build up another motor, do some head/port and cam work and see what happens.

12. 54pathfinder

54pathfinder
    from canada

thanks i was wondering if the same mod would turn my six into a hurricane of unbridled power. keep us posted, i really think i will do something like this

13. rene53catalina

rene53catalina

hey , i really do like what you did and you gave me a good idea , my original straight 8 has both the manifolds cracked so i will have to fabricate something .
    i live in teh netherlands and i think the shipping costs for a complete manifold would be crazy ,
    how is the car running ? especially on longer distances?

14. marioD

marioD

Excellent work! will do something similar to my chrysler six soon you really inspired me.

Thanks for posting.

Mario

15. Ogbomb

Ogbomb

Hey rene53catalina, thanks for the compliments, the car runs well, more so on the open road, there isn't anything fancy in the motor so I didn't want the carbs dumping a butt load of gas in there, its no rocket ship, I wanted it to look good but still be driveable/reliable also.

Thanks also marioD! Put up pics when you get into it.

16. Hey ogbomb, neat bomb! Good to see them down here!

17. rene53catalina

rene53catalina

that`s all i wanted to know , i got an offer from a friend of mine who is a welder , he offered me to weld one for my engine , gonna do a dual carb i think .

i noticed the middle part of the intake is thicker , did you do that to get a better flow ?

18. rene53catalina

rene53catalina

by the way , great looking set of horns you got there :)

19. tinsled

tinsled

Absolutely beautiful work the intake&headers! Must be awesome sound, also feeds up the big eight much better that the original single carb unit.