Register now to get rid of these ads!

371 Olds 6x2's Nostalgia Drag Race Engine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GOATROPER02, May 18, 2012.

1. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

We finished up this jewel late last night....Belongs to 550Coupe here on the HAMB........With his permission I'm putting the video of it up today, as He's thrashing on his car getting it ready for the first race tommorrow at Empire Dragway with the GRS.
    And thrash he is.....It was late yesterday afternoon when I got it up on the pump,Called Art at 9pm last night when we where about half done dynoing....He busted ass from Buffalo,Ny..Arrived about 12:30am......Left our place around 2am and Busted ass back north.Said he got home about 5 this morning.....Back up at 7.....Arts no quitter!!!

I wish him best of luck tommorrow.....He's one of those customers that is a joy to do work for....Thanks Art!! Have A Great Season!!!

1957 Oldsmobile 371 with 6x2's and some Ross Racing Goodies.....Hows this for Old School!

Tony

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Heres Arts HotRod....

Tony

Attached Files:

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Hot diggity!!!!!!!!!!

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

5. F&J

F&J

dang x2, it sure sounds good at those rpm's.

I did get a chance to hear a ross equipped 371 in person recently. Sounded great also.

6. Cool car, cool motor.

7. Tony I talked to Art this morning about 9:30 and at 7:30 tonight he was just buttoning things up and getting ready to fire it. He's been dreaming about those aluminum heads of yours since you produced them, glad he finally got them.
    It should be fun tomorrow with both us figuring out new engines and all the others that thrashed over the winter to get their cars rebuilt for the new season too.

Oh by the way nice torque numbers for Art's engine, it should e.t. pretty good now.

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Niiccee. He needs to let us know his E/T's!

9. CGkidd

CGkidd

Damn thats cool

10. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Drool, Thats nice! Good job.

11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

12. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

13. das858

das858

Sounds great, good luck on the first race on the new engine.

14. Yowza!! What did you come up with for numbers?

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  15. Very tough! since I'm building a 34 coupe with a 371 in it this right up my alley. Looks and sounds killer.
    Question for Tony. What do you do to the stock oilng system to get more oil up into the valvecovers? Any pointers or tricks. This is something I am worried about. I have heard that they suffer from this problem. Any truth?

16. Paul

Paul
    Editor

from an earlier thread:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=646059

17. Well it's Sunday. Finally got a good nights sleep. What a week. Tony, guys, thank's so much for all the compiments. To finish the story, Friday, up at 7am or so, my pal Leroy came over around 10 and we thrashed on that car till 1 am to get it back together. Up Sat. morning a 7:30. Load the car, load the truck. Two hour drive to the track. Made it just in time to get teched, then hurry up and get in line for the first time trial. What happens? Big bog off the line, but once it got going it pulled real good. Speed was 94mph which is the fastest so far in the 1/8 mi. Second time trial still a little stumble but not so bad. Car ran 7.35 / 94.98 mph. First round of ilim. Car runs 7.32 / 95.41. Second round, car ran 7.25 / 96 mph. Broke out so I was done for the day. I think the bog may have been from some of last years gas still in the tank. It just got better and better all day. Still some tinkering to do. Goal for now is to break 7 seconds. Today I rest. Then get ready for Thompson. The car now has fenders so I'll be running with the gassers instead of the Hot Rod class. Should be fun!

18. Paul

Paul
    Editor

breaking 7s in the 1/8th would equate to 10s in the quarter wouldn't it?

not too shabby for an 80 year old body with a 55 year old block

19. That's the plan Paul. I'm sure it'll do it!

20. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Art.... We need a current pic with the motor back in ..... And fenders

Tony

21. [​IMG]Gave the camera to my girlfriend. She is camera challenged. Got a short video, if you blow it up real big maybe you can see my car. Don't know it it will come out or not.

22. Here's a couple I found on facebook.

Attached Files:

23. Wow!! Sounds soo bitchin'

24. Art the car really looked much better with the fenders than I thought it would, sure accents that chop !

25. X2, much more sinister with the fenders.-MIKE;)

26. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

I LIKE The fenders.......

Tony

27. Olds Dad

Olds Dad

This thread makes my pants get tight.