Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

371/394 Olds parts, with lowered prices

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Blownolds, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

City: Big Bear Lake

State: California
    Price: 8 to 90
    Selling off the last of my early Olds rocket V8 engine parts. I have lowered the price on all items on the list since the last time around, (and deleted what I either had sold or tossed in the trash what wasn't selling). So here's a shorter list with lowered prices:

Off the top of my head, this is what I believe I've got left for early Olds. It's kind of a wordy list, read through carefully. Prices are at the end of each item except I think on the engine bearings. OK, here goes:

--single stock "smoothie" 5-bolt valve cover for '59-60 371/394, will also fit on all '61-64 394 heads. No dents that I can see, and also covered in a thin coat of grease so also probably rust-free for the most part. Probably a great candidate for chroming. $15

--1 last '59-64 371/394 cam blank, but on this one here I had started some custom work on (limited to brazing up the groove behind the front flange, in preparation for grinding that to size to fit a Torrington rear thrust washer on it)... the job can be finished, or the brazing can be removed altogether. Only thing that needs to be done to the blank itself is that the lobes need to be ground with your choice of cam profile. All other machine work is done on the cast iron blank. The blank cost me about $300, and the manufacturer had told me that it was a better material than the factory used, plus there is extra material on the lobe so a more aggressive grind can be had than by regrinding a used stock cam. Needs cleaning, but your cam grinder will do that for you. $65

--offset guides for 394 heads, cast iron with bronze liners, custom made by Valley Head Service (for installing much larger valves than stock heads will accept). They had a special machine for doing an offset bore that not many shops have. Cost me $240 about 20 years ago. The iron bodies now have surface rust, but these should clean up easily. Sell this set for $90

--Aftermarket chromemoly crank bolt for Olds (large diameter thread). Should fit all '56 324, '57-60 371/394, and '66-up Olds as well. Might be a B&B bolt. $8

--finned aluminum fuel pump block-off plate for '63-4 394 aluminum timing cover, not sure if it would also fit earlier cast iron covers, but maybe. $8

OK, I think that might be about it, unless you need a 394 valley pan or oil pan (I think I saw a couple left). Let me know if you see something you want, thanks.
    Please e-mail me direct at [email protected] instead of PM'ing me.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  2. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal