Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '37 Plymouth TRUCK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZACSDADDY, Aug 6, 2013.

1. ZACSDADDY

ZACSDADDY
    from KS

Decided to left the cab off the frame last night; the rest of the frame can now be reached and the bottom of the cab will get the treatment as well, stripped and sealed. Can't see doing all that work w/o taking care of what you can reach while there.............there is about a foot long section of rott, center/bottom of cab. Gutting all wiring/gauges and firewall of "foreign objects"............

Attached Files:

2. cosmic12

cosmic12

very interesting build. I will be watching this as I have one of these to do myself over this winter. I am looking for a tail gate if you ever see one.
    Good luck keep us posted,

Attached Files:

3. nhmikel

nhmikel
    from NH

Got any extra parts or need any? PM me

4. ZACSDADDY

ZACSDADDY
    from KS

As of now, the only extra parts I have are motor/tranny related, as I am putting in a V8/auto.

5. ZACSDADDY

ZACSDADDY
    from KS

Your truck looks very solid! Repop gates sell for about 300. Most originals I have crossed are not worth buying......

6. chopd top

chopd top
    from Florida
    1. HAMB Relays

Love these trucks! I really like the 318/727 choice. Subscribed!

7. jonrbrt

jonrbrt
    from Indiana

Wow! That is a nice solid core truck you're starting with and the family history only makes it better. See my 37 PT50 project here www.37plyguy.com

8. cosmic12

cosmic12

Haven't been able to find any repop gates yet, do you know where to look?
    I also need a hood/grill shell ornimat the ship from the cars are different and will not fit. I have tried but the ship ends up going down hill. The curve at the top of the shell is different.

9. ZACSDADDY

ZACSDADDY
    from KS

This site has tailgates listed w/o a pic, but its a start.
    http://www.srpmstreetrods.com/rende...oryId=ff80808117344aab011741893f113dfd&sortBy=

As does this place.
    http://mack-products.com/products-page/plymouth/

I do not have a spare ornament, but have seen them on Ebay. Its shocking how much DOES NOT interchange with the cars. I have my dads first car, P4, nothing swaps from one to the other when it comes to body/trim.

10. DrSweeneyRod

DrSweeneyRod
    from England

11. 4woody

4woody

12. cosmic12

cosmic12

13. jonrbrt

jonrbrt
    from Indiana

Hello from jonrbrt! You got the wood cab mounts from me on eBay. Are the two you have pictured from the same side? If so are they both 1" thick? You can check out my 37 Plymouth PT50 project here www.37plyguy.com I completely boxed my frame from front to back.

14. jonrbrt

jonrbrt
    from Indiana

Hello from jonrbrt! You got the wood cab mounts from me on eBay. Are the two you have pictured from the same side? If so are they both 1" thick? You can check out my 37 Plymouth PT50 project here www.37plyguy.com I completely boxed my frame from front to back. <!-- / message -->

15. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

My next door buddy and I just finished one up for him, its a 37 Dodge. He also has a 37 Dodge Coupe . Has built 4 other 37 Plymouth trucks. Here is his latest

Attached Files:

16. dodgeum35

dodgeum35

What are your plans for the 3 speed tranny.

17. dodgeum35

dodgeum35

I have a 35 dodge pickup with 4 speed trans.Is the tranny out of the 37 full syncro and are you interested in selling it.dodgeum35 at [email protected]