Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 37 Plymouth coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattoos by brandon, Apr 23, 2016.

1. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Thanks man it's hard keeping up on them and having 2 business's and remodeling a house haha but they are getting there

Only new news is I pick up my air ride stuff Monday

2. tazareno

tazareno

Don't be sorry for a good running engine. My father in law gave me a good running motor...and it still is .

3. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

So many people are on my ass about putting a Chevy in the mopar but I just want to make it a driver with what I got but I'm still looking for an affordable 318 or 340 but it is what it is

4. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG]got the air ride stuff in the other day air management bags compressors tank and 4 link parts and every if to run the air ride set up

5. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Also ordered new wheel cylinders because one by one they started blowing out and I want to drive it this year stock

6. tazareno

tazareno

Some people scoff at my sbc,but ain't running whatcha got traditional? Besides a running and driving car is much better than one that don't.

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  7. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Ok I got the car driving and brakes work ...after adjusting the pedal to master and all the drum adjustments it works and has good pedal but there is an issue with the lights not being bright so I'm checking grounds and might just replace the switch but also the headlight switch is acting up so I ordered one off eBay and the carb needs rebuilt but a friend is going to give me one already done so I can keep this thing driving stock for this year ...as of for a motor I'm still keeping options open and trying to check some out and get measurements ...still trying to decided if I'll keep it manual or go automatic

8. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here are a few pictures...yes got pulled over on the first test drive for no tail lights haha and there is a picture in front of the shop with Billy my pa haha

bct likes this.
  9. tazareno

tazareno

Lookin good b. Check the grounds first. If it's a hydraulic switch it may need replaced.

10. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Update I've been driving the shit out of it haha the brake light switch needs replaced and I tried replacing the headlight switch with a nos one but it still turns the tail lights off when it's all the way out and when it's half way I have lights all the way around but my highs have to be on and if you wiggle it cuts in and out so idk ... But other than that I took it 40 minutes away no problem and drove it locally a little

11. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Also good news for the mopar fans I got a 318 for a tattoo the other day and also might be getting these 2 hemis for dirt cheap from a friend so it should get a mopar power plant

12. Mudgy

Mudgy

Any news on this mate?

13. southcross2631

southcross2631

You can also make it a Ply/Willys like mine was. Weld up the 1/4 windows ,put on a Willys flip front end and most people wont even know the difference.
    Just kidding. Love the Plymouth front end.

Attached Files: