Register now to get rid of these ads!

'37 "Made in Canada" Heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tinmann, Jun 15, 2009.

1. tinmann

tinmann

I was re-reading a recent R&C mag where H&H was doing their thing to several flatties. They mentioned how they would do repair work to rare or sought-after heads. '37 "Made in Canada" aluminum heads were mentioned as a recent example of something they had refurbished. I've had a set as wall hangers for some time. Are they rare/desirable?

I guess this has turned into a "what's it worth" thread.... sorry about that.

2. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i guess theyre pretty rare, i've only seen one set of those heads in my life. i dont know much about flatheads, but i'd be stoked to find some! aha

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

There are '37 USA aluminum heads, too. All of these are rare because of corrosion problems before good antifreeze was available...most are very similar to the iron heads in compression. I've got chamber specs for all US and Canadian ones around.
    Aluminum heads were very often routinely replaced with iron ones at rebuilds because of all the problems associated for them. Modern coolant makes life fairly safe for those that have survived.

4. tinmann

tinmann

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Ford Canada made aluminum heads for various flatheads through about 1951...all are VERY nice castings with clear, sharp logos. Some of the later ones are slightly higher compression that iron equivalents. I have C7RA aluminum heads on my '48...these are equivalent in application to our 59AB heads. If anyone wants finless heads, any of the Canadian ones can be very nice looking stock or polished.

6. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

[​IMG]these are the denver aluminum heads on my flathead...somewhat rare i guess..havent seen many..high compression heads.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  7. bobbooth

bobbooth
    from limeyland

these are on my Roadster that i polished, but i believe they lower the stock compression from iron heads (7.2:1) to ( 6.8:1 ) but then again i could be wrong

[​IMG]

8. I run 51 Canadian heads on mine, took me a couple of years here in Canada to find them! They look good polished, but there a lot of work to keep clean.

Later

Attached Files: