Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 37 GMC truck hood centre trim and rear hold down bracket.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EnglishBob, Aug 23, 2014.

1. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

As easy as the title,anyone got a lead for a supplier for it?
    I've tried all my usual suppliers to no avail.
    Other makes are similar and close but I'm thinking for a true fit it has to be original.
    Thanks
    Bob

2. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

4. 37jimmy

37jimmy
    from kentucky

Try Jim Carter truck parts, I used him in my build . Sometimes he also has used parts available.... By the way, I mis-placed mine and had make one. Don't like it but it works.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. raymay

raymay

Some of the larger and newer GMC tractor trailer trucks used a similar and much longer chrome center bar. We bought some from a local dealer back in the 80's, cut them down and were able to use them on some 30's vintage Mopar and Chevy vehicles.
    On a 37 Chevy Kingcab I built years ago the hood hinge was totally gone. I welded the top to make it 1 piece and frenched the area in the front to accommodate a more stylish 37 car hood ornament. The hinges were a very effective and simple scissors type design that I saw on a Willys Coupe in Columbus. The guy let me measure them and a friend helped me build my own.
    32.JPG 51.JPG

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014