Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 37 ford truck lowered factory rear suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1LIFE2LIVE, Mar 19, 2017.

1. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

Currently working on a 37 ford truck I bought from my neighbor and am hoping for a little help with the rear suspension. My neighbor bought all the parts to lower the truck in the front ( drop axle and reverse eye spring) and also purchased front and rear hydro shocks and a rear sway bar. He had two springs removed from the rear but it wasn't enough so I removed 4 more. The look is closer to what I want but it still has some tire to fender gap. I was thinking of pulling another leaf but am already running into the issue of making the exhaust he bought work. Right now the smithys are pointed straight at the axle. Anyone have any insight and or pictures of what they did? Also trying to decide on tire size to help fill the gap. Here's how it currently sits with the fenders mocked in place. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Flatten the rear x member. You can gain over 5 inches of drop without doing anything to the suspension.

Sent from my E6782 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. alchemy

alchemy

If you aren't into welding on the frame you can just flatten the spring leaves a bit. Or reverse the main leaf. Just removing too many leaves will make the spring weak and won't hold the truck up properly. Removing a few from the stock pack is probably OK, but six sounds excessive.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  4. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

How do I go about reversing the main leaf? Like take it to a shop or am I able to do it myself

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

6. alchemy

alchemy

Lots of threads on the HAMB showing how guys reversed their spring main leaf. Do a search when you have an hour to read them all.