Register now to get rid of these ads!

37 dodge PU hotrod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nickk, Nov 1, 2011.

1. nickk

nickk

i have a friend who gave me a nice 37 dodge truck cab, but its just a cab, and i really dont know what kind of build i should do with it, and i dont want people to think its a RR, but i have it and a 9in rear to use and either bbf or a ford 223 motor to use, but idk. so if anyone has a truck of that era made into a fenderless rod type deal can you show me a picture?

2. choptvan

choptvan

3. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

check out recnt threads on "Billetproof" FL. and Don Gartlits get together. There were some recent post with some

4. jwray

jwray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha, Ne

Here is a 38 Dodge I bought a few months ago that I think is what you are looking for. It still needs some work but I like the way it looks.

Attached Files:

5. I do hope that no one takes offense at this but they do look real good with Dodge front fenders and a bed. Use to be a late '30s dodge truck that ran gas class at a stip I liked to make passes on. it could have run the 1320 or been just as much at home on any street or at any show in America.

6. Poor Boys Garage

Poor Boys Garage
    from Kansas

We're in the process of building a 37 Plymouth Pickup as fenderless hot rod, its still a work in progress but this might give you a few ideas. The Plymouth and Dodge cabs are the same. We are using the 37 Plymouth frame which was a parallel leaf spring frontend but we cut it off behind the front cross member and rounded the frame ends to make our own frame horns and installed a 30/31 Model AA cross member and runnin a '40 Ford split wishbone frontend. The nice thing about these cabs is that you can get away with not having to chop them, they have a fairly short windshield and the door windows are about 4 inches shorter than on the Ford cabs.

Attached Files:

7. Here is a 35 International I am currently building.
    [​IMG]

8. Ghost28

Ghost28

This was built from a 38 dodge truck cab, hood, and grille.
    [​IMG]