Register now to get rid of these ads!

37 dodge deluxe coupe garage find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xon, Jan 1, 2013.

1. xon

xon
    from detroit

Found this deluxe coupe in Wisconsin, no rust in body and the floor panels are rock solid and the frame is almost perfect, all the stainless trim is in good shape and a ton of extra parts. just a nice solid car. it came with a title but no motor or trans....but the awsome set of et mags sealed the deal.....just kidding

Attached Files:

• car.JPG
      car.JPG
      File size:
      145.6 KB
      Views:
    • car1.JPG
      car1.JPG
      File size:
      129.7 KB
      Views:
    • car2.JPG
      car2.JPG
      File size:
      138.7 KB
      Views:
    • car4.JPG
      car4.JPG
      File size:
      153.6 KB
      Views:
    • car5.JPG
      car5.JPG
      File size:
      150 KB
      Views:
  2. race2fast

race2fast
    from SC

Now that going to be nice

3. sololobo

sololobo

Oh my, what a cool body style. Sure would look swell as a tail dragger! Congrats on a rare dandy! ~sololobo~

4. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Sweet! Working on my 39 now. Looks pretty clean...

5. xon

xon
    from detroit

tail dragger or gasser????

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

7. carkiller

carkiller

Nice find, wish my 37 plymouth cpe was close to that good.

8. jaco

jaco

Man what a great solid find. Love these old Mopars.

9. Those early Chryslers are so lame, too bad it wasn't a Ford!:D:D:D:D

10. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

taildragger!

11. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

Cool find Bill. Looks like a sweet gasser project to me...

12. xon

xon
    from detroit

Found it in your backyard mosinee I think it's spelled

13. lawman

lawman

That will make a nice Gasser !!!!!

14. F&J

F&J

Xon, here are the 37 Ply pics you wanted.

mockup 57 J2 Olds motor, but the car will get a built 4x2 324 Olds. Using repro Hurst front brackets on the motor

The car owner gave me what he said were stock 37 front motor mount frame stands, which he said were bolted to the insides of the rails. I reused them, but tacked them much lower on the rail,(they might be upside down from stock?) as the bottoms of those now need to get welded to the M2 front crossmember. If you run a stock frame/susp, then you will need to fab a few extensions to go from those bottoms, to get under the rail to allow more support?

The distributor area needs to be cut upwards more, and I will make a rounded tunnel to weld in, with a domed top so it looks stock

Ok, trans is T5. If your Dodge is the same pedals? .. I was surprised that the main pedal cast base, has 2 sets of bolt holes. These pedals were too close to the bell so no room for the fork. So I moved them to the other set of holes which is 1-3/4" to the driver side. Now the fork clears. BTW, the column bracket hanging from the dash, can be moved the same amout, as there are 2 sets of holes. Bizzare. Now, the cloumn is centered between the 2 dash gauges:cool:

Owner suggested Hyd clutch, but by making a Z bar, I used the stock pedal to get a mech clutch. The Z bar runs on Oilite broze bushings with grease fittings too. Clutch feels nice, and it is a Centerforce from Ross I believe. I guess I got real lucky with guessing pedal/Z bar ratios:rolleyes: I have a temporary turnbuckle and hook for the fork, just to test it. I will need to drill a hole in the fork to use a halfball with hole, with an adjustable rod.

I don't think the owner will like the M2 when the A arms get down to ride height, as the nose will be too low. The 36 chev coupe belongs to a NJ guy, and has the stock chev I beam. Looks more gasser :)

Attached Files:

15. gatz

gatz

That's really a nice car.

Will be watching along......

Gatz

16. I'm a Ford guy, but the late '30s Mopars were some good looking cars. Your Dodge looks very straight and solid. You can get right to building that car and not have to spend time and money fixing rust and body damage or chasing down hard to find body and trim pieces.

17. xon

xon
    from detroit

Great tech thanks so much! A lot tighter fit than I thought! Great to see it In real life and not just in my mind...