Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 37 Chrysler Coupe project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dgg-dt1948, Mar 23, 2011.

1. dgg-dt1948

dgg-dt1948

I've finally come out of the shadows and decided to add a few pics of the teardown on my 37. I am not an experienced rodder, so if you see some screw-ups, please pipe-up.

I do have some rust issues that concern me and I've thought about getting the car soda blasted so I can get a better feel for what needs welded/patched/fixed. Does anyone have any feedback on the process and any idea on a price? I'm close to Longmont, Colorado if that makes a difference.

I'm open to suggestions, and I'm happy to hear them. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. HRod 50

HRod 50

Do the soda blasting, sand blasting, whatever it takes to get it down to the steel. If you are going to build it, I think it's worth knowing everything about it.. Good Luck Man, nice ride... I think you'll be spending a bout $500 to get it down to the steel..

3. dgg-dt1948

dgg-dt1948

Thanks Hrod50. I'm putting a guess-budget together just so I don't go crazy. This is going to be a driver, so I'm trying to be realistic with what I spend on it. I'll post some other pics tonight.

4. dgg-dt1948

dgg-dt1948

Here's a couple more pics. still working on the clean out and getting ready to send it to the media blaster.

Attached Files: