Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 37 chevy vent window regulator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lumpy 63, Jul 29, 2018.

1. lumpy 63

lumpy 63
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finally getting around to installing the door glass in my 37 coupe. Turns out my pass side vent window regulator has a stripped gear, Does anyone know what the ring and pinion gear interchangability is with later gm vent window regulators ? They look pretty similar up into the 60s. Thanks Lumpy:D

2. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I did this years ago , best as I can remember I used 50 coupe guts , so some of the laters must be usable . I have also used Lincoln power guts to make them power

3. lumpy 63

lumpy 63
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Dave Im hoping 55 chevy is close ,my bud thinks he may have some old ones laying around.

4. Casual 6

Casual 6
    from Great NW

I ran into the same problem several years ago. As I recall, the '55 Chevy gear was close, but didn't work. Wrong pitch angle I think. I ended up making a new gear because I couldn't find an original.

Don't know about the early '50's Chevy interchange. Didn't have one of those to look at. I tried the '55 because you could get new reproductions of those.

Would be interested to hear if the early '50's gear fits.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You might try googling "1937 Chevrolet vent window repair kit" and see if anything pops up.

I have an extra pair of '37 vent widow regulators (right & left) that are great, but I don't want to split them up. I'd sell the pair for what I paid for them,. If interested, shoot me a PM with an email address and I'll take some pictures of them for you.
    -Bob

6. I got one from Rusty1 on this forum. It's been several years but he might still have some.

And, yes, the left and right sides are different.

7. lumpy 63

lumpy 63
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PM sent