Register now to get rid of these ads!

37 Chevy Sedan progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swingcatt, Jan 8, 2013.

1. swingcatt

swingcatt

Been a while since I've been on the HAMB, so I thought I'd throw out a progress report on the 'Factory O'.

- This months goal is getting the engine/transmission on the frame (old picture of the engine below). It's now got carb, pumps and dist on there (also touched the paint up).

- In the spring I'll start back on welding the back seat floorboard panels since I've got the front floorboard set and tacked down.

- Front end is almost done, with just a few loose ends to tie up. Once those are taken care of it will be a true rolling frame, then it's on to running fuel lines, brake lines, steering linkage and wiring harness. That will (hopefully) take place in the fall.

I'm learning as I go so it's been boat loads of fun. Too much hot rod, not enough time...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MRTS33

MRTS33

Lookin good!

3. Ain't that the truth, never seem to have enough garage time.

4. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks darn good, wish my 38 Chev had your floor:), just a note to learn from my mistakes, I used the Chassis Engineering Kit and used stock Mustang II four cylinder springs, they are too stiff, I ended up pulling out the stock Mustang II springs and put in the springs from Chassis Engineering that are better matched, wish I would have done it right the first time. If you have the right springs already I am jealous of that too:)

5. swingcatt

swingcatt

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys!

Yes VTX, I got the spindle to spindle kit from CEI that included the proper springs for the suspension. I can't say enough about the CEI stuff. Actually everything on the frame that wasn't original is now CEI, except for the 8.5" rearend and the Heidts steering rack.

BTW, if you have any other mistakes I can learn from, send them my way! I'd much rather see them coming instead of stumble on them!