Register now to get rid of these ads!

36DD pics - Warning ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goober, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Some might consider the Donut Derelicts (DDs) borderline "gold chain", but the Saturday morning show in Huntington Beach can produce some nice surprises. While in SoCal dropping off my son at school, here are 3 dozen pics I snapped with the available 7a.m. light. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. great pics,

thanks for posting!

danny

3. 133

thanks for the pics, a lot of cool stuff.

4. What the hell is in that Plymouth for an engine?I see a carburetor that looks like it's sitting on top of a steam engine or something.Any info?

5. muffman58

muffman58

I`m not quite sure why they would be considered 'goldchainers' most of what I see looks alot like many other car`s I`ve seen right here on HAMB!Look`s like alot of trad cars,homebuilt with lots of inspiration!

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

lol that steam engine is a blower ;)

7. 36DD!!! :eek:

I got all a-twitter thinking lurid thoughts... ya know;)

Good thing the pictures weren't a let down. Thanks. Lots to eyeball and got me few ideas too.

Has anyone told you that you look a lot like that one guy on that one show? :rolleyes:

8. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Goob, you got me even more stoked for my trip out there in October. The DD thing is on my list of things to check out.

Thanks for the pix.

Vance

9. ian

ian

Man, I have to make it out there one of these days. 7 a.m. on a Saturday is like nails on a chalkboard. Haha...

10. Scotch

Scotch

Makes me homesick...

I wish you'd have popped a pic of the Aston Martin with the hood up...

...so everyone could see the dual-quad 409 Chevy mill powering it.

Always cool cars at Donuts...lots of 'em and it early. But, good coffee, good donuts, and always a good time.

I miss it.

Scotch~!

11. Sorry guys, but whats a "Goldchainer"? Liked the pics.

12. Tim's right, it's a McCulloch supercharger from the late '30s. In this case, it's on a Plymouth flathead 6 instead of a Ford flathead V8. You can read more about it at http://www.vs57.com/history.htm

[​IMG]

13. GamblinAJ

GamblinAJ
    from Corona Ca

Man the gas cost from Chicago WOW...Just think if your a minute late for daycare...hehehe:) I havnt been there in some time. Did ya make the Labor day cruise? Or was the pics from last weekend?

14. The first Donut Derelicts, show I went to a few years ago seemed to have more muscle cars and street rods of the "smoothster" style. This time, I only snapped the ones I liked and those tend to be more traditional looking. There are many more traditional looking cars now than there used to be, I believe simply because traditional rods are becoming more popular.

As to the "goldchainer" description, it seems to be used often with the fat, over-50 guys sitting in lawn chairs admiring their high-zoot trailer queens. I only fit part of the description.

Used to use the Goober Pyle avatar, but after watching the show a few times discovered who the real "goober" is.

15. He's not that young -- starting college (and I'm still out here a few more days). Nope on the cruise, got to help him move in Labor Day. Pics were from this morning's DD.