Register now to get rid of these ads!

36 roadster build on American NOT rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod60F100, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm trying to find "part 3" of this '36 build, they just replayed the first eposode tonite. The guy that sandblasted that coupe said it was the best one he ever blasted. Does anyone know anything about the Bonneville car Al mentioned he wanted to run 300MPH in?

2. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Yeah,but they have to be "different,just like everybody else". After all,what is the sense of having money to burn if you can't flaunt it?

3. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

I don't have cable or a dish,so I only see it when I'm traveling and staying in a motel. I'm pretty sure the 29 Model A pickup was staged,though. It was a really nice older restoration. I saw the show where they hauled it back to the show and started tearing it apart. I think that was the show where the idiot named BlueBear was fired. Didn't see the show again until the one where they were unloading this 36 from the covered trailer,and that is what they were doing when I turned it on. I didn't know it came from a museum,but it was obvious it hadn't been sitting in anybody's back yard.

4. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Coupes turned into convertibles never look right. I was thinking the same thing about why not just use a glass body. Did you see the really nice '32 B-400 in the background on some of the shots? It's probably the next car slated for Boyd's billetization plan. They should give him more hours of community service if he ruins a B-400.

5. dragwillys

dragwillys

a lot of kids watch that show...i have a 13 year old that thinks boyd is an ass hole...he said to me last night when we saw him cut the top off ...he should of just chopped it instead...my son chopped his 29 a-pick up last year...that body was too nice.....phil

6. dragwillys

dragwillys

one more thing im glad al quit...i hope all the talented ones leave ..so he has more like the black guy all mouth...and dwane
    ass kissers.....phil

7. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

OMG LMMFAO :D

8. Gracie

Gracie

I might be mistaken but I think that B-400 is my boss's... ugh.

9. hatch

hatch
    from house

TV sucks....except for the Simpsons.

10. Muttley

Muttley

How come guys like Boyd seem to live forever but guys like Big Daddy drop dead way before there time?:mad:

11. BORED

BORED
    from BOERNE,Tx

I want to hear/see the stories about the guy/gal who built a totally bitchin' sled lying on their back in their dirt driveway, in the middle of the night with nothing but an adjustable wrench and a beat up screwdriver, In a t-shirt, in high humidity, bug infested weather, and only by the light of a damn cigarette lighter.

Oh yeah, in the rain........ after working 12 hour days in swealtering heat.....

You guessed it, blood sweat and tears, creative ingienuity, stickwithitness, and some badass metal skills is what gets my respect. :D :D[/QUOTE]

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE "FLYRITE CHOPPERS/HOTROD" GUYS ABOVE!

12. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I know this already at two pages and stuff but wow I felt sick when they started to chop up that sweet old ford.

13. metalshapes

metalshapes

It really is a shame this happened to a rare car that was that nice...
    To me that is vandalism.

But to put it in Historical context, it is not like this hasnt been done by other Hot Rodders before.
    As nice as the car was, at least it wasn't a one of a kind Detroit Concept Car or one of the most Beautifull Race Cars that ever Raced on the Salt( the Lincoln Futura and the Chrisman Coupe ).

14. Maybe Boyd could take a few tips from Marshall :)

15. jimmyfromhell

jimmyfromhell

The discovery channel is actually pretty good at staging things.My brother worked at a local Vegas custom shop, while they were filming an episode of Rides for their sister channel, TLC.They worked on a 67 lincoln for one of their customers.To start with, the car ran fine, but the directors made them push the car into the shop by hand.Nine times!I guess they wanted to get the right shot for the camera.Then, they crammed over two months of work highlights into about a half hour.To me, the funny thing is that they didn't show any of the problems that they had with it.Like the lcd monitor falling out of the dash, and the power windows failing.And in the last part of the show, they show all the crew supposedly taking the lincoln out on the town, partying, with a limo in tow.Tlc dropped several grand on this club hopping adventure, that makes it look like they were all high rollers, and friggin' rock stars.Ahh, showbiz.

16. I wish hankcash would hijack this thread......

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah... I think this one is over...

In conclusion, show business is.... well, show business...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.