Register now to get rid of these ads!

36 roadster build on American NOT rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod60F100, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

I know the Anti Boyd threads are loathed and dispised here,but anyone see the 36 Ford roadster buildup yet?they staged it totally as it was once a decent car till they took a fuckin grinder to the paint and let the air out and to think they RUINED a sweet 36 COUPE,how many of them are fuckin left. noo this isn't a i hate boyd thread its just i wanted to know if anyone else thinks like i do about the 'old ratty 36' they'found' was staged.If this has been talked about already in another trhead then i'll delete this post if someone hasn't already :rolleyes:

2. I could'nt stand that! That '36 would have made an awesome old rod or kustom before they ruined it. Now it's just going to end up some stupid street rod like all the other ones he builds with a tilt-column and all the other billet crap he uses.
    -Dean

3. Green Goblin

Green Goblin

GOD !!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo sick of American Hotrod. I'll give it to Boyd that he has some pretty good idead and skillful guys working with him but "Deep Pocket" rod building just doesn't get much respect from me.

I want to hear/see the stories about the guy/gal who built a totally bitchin' sled lying on their back in their dirt driveway, in the middle of the night with nothing but an adjustable wrench and a beat up screwdriver, In a t-shirt, in high humidity, bug infested weather, and only by the light of a damn cigarette lighter.

Oh yeah, in the rain........ after working 12 hour days in swealtering heat.....

You guessed it, blood sweat and tears, creative ingienuity, stickwithitness, and some badass metal skills is what gets my respect. :D :D

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The car came from a museum. That's right a museum. They ground the paint, broke the windshield, ripped the headliner and let air out of the tires so it would look like a barn car. I found this out about a month ago when I was trying to buy '36 parts from what looked like a really nice car. So I called the seller and he told me what they had done, where they got the car, etc. I WAS FUCKING LIVID! I've mentioned it here and there on various threads and bitched to friends online and offline. Makes me sick. :mad:

5. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Aaaand it had a Flatty V8 :mad: ...i fuckin knew it was another staged car,goddammit a pristine 36 coupe a fuckin COUPE ruined.... :(

6. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

boyds a dick.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

You must get another show than what we get on the East Coast. Friday nite when the show ended they had ONE WEEK left to finish the cut up coupe finished. Who has dumpster diving rights out there?

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

It seriously made my car look like a big pile of shit. Unfortunately I didn't save the pics. I cried.

9. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

The worst part is that he could have used a glass 36 raoster body.

I mean does Budwieser really care if the body was/is steel?

that sumbitch , whe they got it from the blaster made my car look like a booger.

10. torpedo8

torpedo8
    BANNED
    from hell

about 3 years ago when monster garage was cool,and when they had cool bike build offs , discovery channel was the SHIT!! (minus OCC) when american hotrod debued, with there assembly lined chassis and austrillian glass body, i took my tv and literally threw it out the fucking window!

now, i have a new tv, but it hasnt been connected to cable since!

id rather be where REAL hotrods are built!

some of these people on the hamb should get ahold of the DC corperate asses , and show those people and their viewers how the REAL world is!

11. Thumper

Thumper

The problem is.......the corperate asses think the public wants to see all the glitz and glamour bullshit. They wouldn't recognize a true "hot rod" if it was inserted anally.

12. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Right on guys Boyd is a real dork the only person I know who can put both HEADS up his big fat ass the crew works well together most of the time
    but we all have our screwups thats life I guess

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I love Al's mustache :D

14. JamesG

JamesG

I think it's funny how Al, who's been with Boyd since '85, quit. If it was staged, so be it, but I don't think Al is that type of guy.

If he is gone, Boyd lost one hellova good hand.

I wander if he'll cuss him out like he did Charlie?

Hey Boyd, if your reading this, which I seriously doubt you are, you might wanna go to an anger managment class as stop buring all those bridges.

15. So....what, did someone tell you about it. 'Cause I know you NEVER watch that show.

You are soooo busted :p :D

16. Killer

Killer

Al hasn't been there since '85 and he did quit.

17. Oh, almost forgot what I was going to post. I saw the show tonight and totally agree the car was made to look like they found some old car in that condition. What a joke. YEah the show too....What a joke.

Hopefully Al will go work somewhere where his obvious talents will be put to good use.

18. JamesG

JamesG

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I heard it was AL's last day so I had to make sure I DVR'ed it so I can check out his facial hair whenever it suits my fancy. ;)

I think he should go work for Earl Schieb in TN :D

20. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Oh nooo i just realized that Denise has a 'Coupester'like what that one dude on AHR whos face got smashed up said about coupes with the roofs cut off :D but hers is bitchin :cool:

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

22. screwtheman

screwtheman

I think Al was cool. But the way they portrayed him was always shaking his head about how "they were doing things wrong", but he never seemed to bother to tell anyone how to do it right. But I realize it's all in the editing and we see 2-3 months worth of time cut down to 1 hour of "entertainment". So who knows what really goes down. I just wonder how much Grecian Formula Boyd sops up with that beard every morning. :D

The scary part is how much Boyd reminds me of my asshat managers at my job-

Asshats: "I need you to do this in half the time it normally takes"
    Me: "OK. That sucks. We'll have no life and it won't be a quality job"
    Asshats: "Where's your postive get-it-done attitude!?!?!"
    Me: "Screw you" (ok, not really, but one of these days....)

23. jerry

jerry

Nice shapes to the patina on the car! You can see all the grind patterns! Still has really nice shiny paint on the hood sides.

What a moron in charge of that place.

jerry

24. 2-TONED

2-TONED

ive only seen the show a couple of times.
    i heard BlueBerry is gone

I WOULD HOWEVER hit DUHwayne in the mellon with a tape ball or doughnut every chance i could if i had to work with that kissass!

i want to see this 36 coupe.

25. JamesG

JamesG

I guess someone there was the "rhino on steroids"? I was wondering why the car had such great door panels and the roof was ripped open like that. I bet that was a damn near restored car!

I hope he paid premo for that car.

26. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Hey Hot Rod you mean Mike ? well now that Al quit think Thomas is next so He's 10 mins late so as he can take his kid to school B.F.Deal he does what he is told to do >what about ass wipe dwyane he is the jerk

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Pay attention, I said it came from a museum. Picture Ryan's car but not lowered and that is exactly what this '36 looked like.

28. Boyd is the head Ass Clown!
    What other projects used "staged" cars?

29. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't hate Boyd, I just don't respect him. To be part of something so contrived that they have to lie about the condition of a car is just pathetic and sad.

If Duane wasn't kissing Boyd's ass he'd probably be the cabin boy on a Turkish tramp steamer.

30. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

I can't stand watching that roof come off! Museum car or not it's afuckin sin to do that to such a nice and rare car. I had to turn the channel and watch somthing else! NONE of those guys said anythig about doing it to that car... they just cried about all the WORK they had to do to it... FUCKIN little bitches! I am so heated right now... I am off to the garage to find somthing to break or grind on.

blake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.