Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford mystery part

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by falconsprint63, Apr 8, 2020.

  1. falconsprint63
    Joined: May 17, 2007
    Posts: 2,359

    from Mayberry

    Anybody know what this is? Came with the 36 Phaeton I recently bought and I don't recognize it. It was almost done with final assembly when the builder passed away. Based on the paint it's probably chassis related.

    Thoughts? Screenshot_20200404-223436_Gallery.jpeg 20200404_173304.jpeg 20200404_173257.jpeg

    Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app
  2. chriseakin
    Joined: Jan 21, 2009
    Posts: 381


    Fender brace for underneath?
  3. Pete Eastwood
    Joined: Jul 27, 2011
    Posts: 1,041

    Pete Eastwood
    from california

    maybe the part, that goes under the radiator, to divert the air thru instead of under the radiator
  4. 49ratfink
    Joined: Feb 8, 2004
    Posts: 18,114

    from California

    it goes next to that thing next to the what's it. right behind that other part that usually falls off.

  5. 1946caddy
    Joined: Dec 18, 2013
    Posts: 1,774

    from washington

    It must be important, it's newly painted and shinny. ;)
  6. Rustygt
    Joined: May 18, 2014
    Posts: 204

    from Emeryville

    I looks like a chin guard goes under the radiator
    Hamtown Al likes this.
  7. I had something similar with a 1937 Oldsmobile and it was part of the door armrest to pull the door shut. It looks a little flimsy for a chassis part. Have a look and see if the holes line up with something on the car.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.