Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford custom build (MISS SCARLET)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kippers 34, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Got the bumpers cleaned up and fit today. The front is perfect looks more elegant than the Desoto did. Exactly what she needed. .[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. The rear works great also but I think it needs narrowed a little. I started fitting the bumper guards/taillights to the bumper. I tacked the guards and the lisence surround to the bumper to see how they looked.

[​IMG]

After shortening the bumper and a little more adjusting I can start on the taillights in the guards.

3. Those bumpers work really well, and match the "two bar" theme on your skirt trim.

4. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

When you are done these will be the "perfect" bumpers. It bothered me at first that the front bumper covered the lowering of the front fenders. After I thought about it I realized that every detail does not have to be "showcased". Some of your fine work might only be noticed by those who really study the car. The more you look the more you see, Sorta' "Where's Weldo" I think the '41 bumpers are a great choice.

5. Perfect Kipp.That is really making her justice.

6. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Man, that's lookin great! Good choice for bumpers.

7. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

It's looking great, those bumpers link right art home!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Blackroad

Blackroad
    from Sydney

Love it, bumpers are perfect for the car.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

Those look perfect now Kips. Like the front bumper lining up with the bottom of the fender.

10. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

There you go! Nice bumpers. Very classy. :)

11. p.a.r.k.e.r

p.a.r.k.e.r

WOW! nice job it makes me want to do something cool to my 36

Attached Files:

12. 35cab

35cab

Looking great, bumpers are spot on. I look forward to seeing progress on this, you do amazing work. The rear end picture is wonderful.
    Thanks for posting.
    Gordon.

13. Thanks. Did'nt notice that before.

Thanks. The 41's are a little smaller and delicate than the Desoto's allowing the fenders and grill to be seen a little better.
    Thanks Kenneth. She's getting closer to paint. Time to get the little details worked out.
    Thanks Kevan. I think the bumpers flow with the style nicely.
    Thanks. Yes the bumpers look like they were made for the 36's.
    Thanks. I think so too.
    Thanks. The lowered fenders line up perfectly visualy lowering the front while keeping the nose a little high.
    Thanks.
    Thanks. Nice car.
    Thanks Gordon. Wanted to leave the fenders and tail clean so tail lights and plate on the bumper seemed the way to go.

14. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Are those 41 super deluxe bumper guards? Excuse my ignorance. The car looks fantastic.

15. Rikster

Rikster

Think the guards are 1946 Ford units.

16. Rikster

Rikster

Kippers,

WOW... that looks so great. The 1941 Ford bumpers are a perfect fit for the car. The way it sits now, the chop, the grille, the skirts... the whole package is just absolutely perfect. You sure captured the right feel for this early style custom.

17. I'm not really much of a custom guy, but when I see something like this, I can really appreciate all the work that goes into making it awesome. This car really sets the bar high. Keep up the amazing work. That car is epic.

18. Kess

Kess
    from PA

Nice work, she reallly looks great! Cant wait to see her painted!

19. Thanks a lot. Rikster is right the guards are 46's.
    Thanks Rikster. Your insight means a lot. Glad you like her. She has been a labor of love.
    Thanks. A lot of thought went in to her and she's still evolving.

Thanks. I cant wait to get her in paint.

20. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Thanks guys I just love the hamb for this.

21. telekenfun

telekenfun

Kipp, I agree with everyone, these bumpers really look good on your car. They have the perfect balance of slimness, weight and detail, great choice. Is that a 50s chevy license plate guard you are using in the rear? I see what you mean about the rear bumper being a little wide though. Are you going to section it in the middle? My thought was to just curl it around the fender a little by a few pie-cuts starting at the tip end of the fender. That would also provide a bit more protection to the rear corners. Except for taillights, you have it looking ready for paint. I'll watch with interest to see what you come up with there. Best Regards and Good Luck with all your endeavors. KB aka telekenfun

22. KB Thanks. The plate surround is 49 chevy (nothing newer than 49). yes I am going to section the bumper. I thought about curling the ends but decided that I wanted the front and rear to be cimetric. The taillights will be in the bumper guards like the Matranga merc. Hopefully I can get something done today. I still have a hand full of little things left to button up before paint prep.

23. I thought the bumper on the rear was a little to wide so I cut it in the middle and took 3" out and welded it back together.

[​IMG]

Then I reinstalled it. After I ground the lisence surround to match the contour of the bumper.

Before.

[​IMG]

After.

[​IMG]

I also marked where the taillight will go with a sharpie.

24. Then I took the windshield frame stripped the paint bead blasted it then I sanded polished and prepped it for chrome.

[​IMG]

25. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

that looks absolutely fantastic, bumper looks perfect.

26. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

You are right again.

27. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Car is looking great! Well done!

28. Nice Kipp. That ass will be bad ass.

29. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

3" makes all the difference! Just gets better and tail lights will look cool, Kipps

30. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's the beauty of a '36 - they're 'cool' to begin with !!! :D