Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 36 Ford coupe (My new ride) and an amazing collection of vintage stuff

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Nov 24, 2011.

1. sodas38

sodas38

Man thats a neat 36, great find. Drive the heck out of it.

2. josh highley

josh highley

Wow! I love 36 coupes and yours is perfect!

3. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

very cool story and just awsome car. Cant wait to check it out

4. ryno

ryno

Looks like the corvette connection is what sealed the deal!
    Now you guys can double cruise,hot rods and vettes.
    Looks nice man congrats. Will we see it in Austin?

5. Wow! Very cool! Did you get the Grancor-headed flatty too?

6. Mercchev

Mercchev

Cool Story...He was definitely interviewing you. Nice work, drive the wheels off of it!

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I couldn't have said it better. While you may make a few improvements he figured out real quick that you will never make wholesale changes to the car while it is in your keep.

8. Brandi

Brandi

That's so rad, Gary! Congrats!!

9. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thanks Rob, garage nite soon. Have you all out to see it

Yep, can't miss that

Thats crazy you brought that up. After it was all said and done I felt the same way and even though there is a good 20+ years between me and him it was weird how many of his old friends I knew

Hope to get some road time before the weather goes bad. Thanks for your post and to me seeing your truck in front of the tat parlor is one of the best things about coming to Benson

Ha Ha...I'm surprised it took you this long to post that. Knew you'd get a kick out of that. Right now I'm thinking Austin is definitely in the cards

Was that amazing or what. First time I'd ever seen a set of those heads. It's not for sale. He was talking about putting it one of his cars but can't remember which one

10. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I was pretty surprised he sold this. I don't think he sells much of anything. He still works on cars on a daily basis. His true love is flatheads and will use/sell parts to guys who's cars he's working on to get them back on the road

Thanks Brandi

11. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Nice 36 Gary! I didnt know you sold the 40 either, it was one of my all time favs but I'm sure you'll have this 36 as nice in no time. Thanks for posting the other stuff too an awesome collection!

12. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

Congrats on the 36... Looks like you found a good one. They make great hot rods!

13. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Very nice ! Welcome to the 36 club. I love the way it was built.

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Man I love that car...
    Thanks for inviting me out to Chuck's! What a cool guy with a TON of great cars, parts, projects, STORIES, etc.

My offer to trade everything in my garage for the '36 still stands. :)

Malcolm

15. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

16. sololobo

sololobo

Gary, this is so exciting and a real hats off to you. He doesn't part with much, but realizes you understand trad cars and how to care for one. I gave Chuck the Jacks club jacket about three years ago, I found it in a junk store and found out he was an original club member and got it where it belonged. We are ready for the garage night, and are all so pleased for you. I didn't even know the 40 was adios! Rock on pal Congrats! ~sololobo~

17. Man, dont you just love these rare opportunities in life. Congratulations!

18. Looks like an avitar change may be in your future. Nice car and congradulations.

Doug.

19. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

20. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Asked my buddy Malcolm if he wanted to come along and help me pick out some material for the interior today. We drove the 36 out to see my upholstery guy and looked through bunches of samples. Unfortunately you can't buy old. So this is what I decided on.
    When I asked him how he thought this material would lay up in tuck and roll he said "lets find out" cut a piece off got out some foam and started sewing. This is how it should look. Gary

Attached Files:

21. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

that interior will look great! I will have stop by and check out that new ride

22. Cool! Can't wait to see it at the Revolution???

23. flathead48

flathead48

Awesome car! Chuck grew up my uncle and I've only heard stories about all the cool stuff he's got. Apparently he's the flathead man around here. Glad to see another cool hotrod on the road.

24. Gary... You SOLD the 40????????????

Well you certainly redeemed yourself with a "Bitchen 36"!!!!

25. billylo

billylo

Awesome car and thanks for the pics....

26. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SpaNUGmBxsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

27. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

great car enjoy and drive the thing as much as you can remember a great car is like a great woman to share as part of your life so enjoy you lucky man

28. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

wow on the '36. could be the clone of car i drove in early 60's but had the 265 w/trips and dontov cam, same running gear. enjoy, i am envious!

29. n847

n847

nice ride...thanks for sharing, thats a holy grail of sorts!

30. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

Super 36. That was the first car that I built back in the seventies. It was a learning experience as I did not really know what I was doing. Did finish the car and guess what wife number one says "why did you built that the family can't all get in it" finally unloaded her. Had many cars since then but sure would like to find a decent 5 window body to do it one final time. Auwsome job ! Tom