Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford coupe build started

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by nitrohonkey, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Getting close to hanging the back half of the body. It's so true, one should be careful of what they wish for. I feel like I am John Holmes and just tired of fucking all the time. So many things going on right now.

2. Uptown83

Uptown83

Just saw your build and enjoying it so far. I am building a 35 5w at the moment. I gotta say your motor mounts are a really cool idea. Never would of thought of that way in a million years. Im putting a flathead in mine so im using stock mounts but never the less very cool. I do have a question though. What kind of shock mounts are those up front? Also are you going to have to cut your inner fenders because of them?

3. Thanks! The shock mounts are an old aftermarket kit used to convert from lever action shocks to air plane shocks. I do not know who made them, but they have a part number on them. I am not sure yet if they are going to be an issue with the inner fenders. If they do not clear, I have a torch and a welder!!!

4. Update...still working on 36 when 34 pickup hits a stand still.

Attached Files:

5. New Deck lid skin.

Attached Files:

6. nice skin. Who made it?

7. Josh Bullock of Rare Fab, Cedar City UT...beautiful work and fit! Worth every dime!!!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  8. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

That's the thing about having more than one project - when you get tired of one, you just go to the other. The coupe is coming along nicely, good work!

9. Thanks, automotive polygamy is going to be the end of me...sure has made hotdogs and balony a staple at my house.

10. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I know what you mean, but it's all worth it! If that is your little guy sitting in the 34 pickup in your avatar, then that is one kid who will have fun growing up with a hot rod dad!

11. Yep, That's my 6 year old son, Falcon. He is the proud owner of a 40/41 Ford pickup( all in pieces)...some of which we have not located...none the less, I am looking out for the little feller!

12. goodgarb

goodgarb
    from TACOMA,WA

:DHey Jim
    Lolls like you have a whole lot of good stuff happening, Happy for ya!

13. Thanks dude!

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

So how many dimes does that add up to??

15. 7900 dimes... $790 shipped from UT to Washington State.

16. Remember, you will need an inner structure, but the fit is better than the OEMs I had. I spoke with Bobby Walden's wife, in an attempt to get Bob to make one for me. She said they are not likely going to make them, but they refered me to Josh.

17. Josh Bullock, Rare Fab
    435-559-5156
    Tell him Jim refered you.

18. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

dang dude! good work! i need to do my trunk floor extension/tailpan etc...my thread went dark but i'm gonna start bangin hard again soon.

19. Alright! Nate is back! I just found/read thunderbirdesq 34 build... Makes me realize I'm a slouch. Gotta get back on it.

20. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

i'm hosting a thrash (on the 36) at my shop in early-mid august. i've been prepping for that. a couple of my buddies who are savage panel beaters are coming up from cali....it will be 2 days of fun. you guys are welcome to come and hang out! i'm looking forward to learning some stuff!

21. would I have to tell my family im in town?

22. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

how did I miss this thread before. it's my new favorite--35/36 ford AND caddy power!

23. sproadster30

sproadster30
    from Natick, Ma

Just to update you on my cad motor fit problems. Over the winter I decided to ditch the elec fan that was causing sleepless nights! Now have a stock water pump and fan setup on it! I ended up using a 37-38 (39 std) radiator from the brassworks and made a mount for the hood. The slightly narrower radiator made all the difference. If you could use a 36 top tank with a 37-38 core that'd be even better, I bet. Hope this helps with your project. -Jim ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1372794396.940262.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1372794406.468638.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. Thanks...I am back on it. Had some personal life issues that have set my budget in the toilet. Hope to have pictures soon!
    Nate I will get a hold of you sorry I have been underground so long

25. WOW!Sproadster30...that is SLICK! You are my hero!

26. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

your buds are waiting for an update.

27. sproadster30

sproadster30
    from Natick, Ma

Yeah! Let's see some progress! I know I'm not getting anything done! I hope you are!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. LOL I am getting all the legal stuff done with my son and getting a new engine in my daily driver...lots of progress, just not on the 36. I hope to be focused on it again by the end of Summer. I am just gathering parts at the moment. Should start taking shape real soon!

29. I have decided after losing all the shit I have worked for since the ex and I split it's time to stop living for tomorrow and build the car I have always wanted. Now its time for me. Stay tuned... BUILD ON!

30. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40