Register now to get rid of these ads!

36' Dodge "Stinkfoot" update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoBrow, May 11, 2007.

1. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

I have actually found myself working on stuff as of latley. I would really like to get this thing done this year. Originally I started with a 36' Dodge pickup cab I went and got from Illinois superstar, Nic32Vic. Well that cab is now being used as my parts cab/shelf. I found another one locally and had that one media blasted and then shot in the sweet ass green zinc primer. I cut around 2-3" out of the body due to rot. I am going to remake those patch panels and rocker sections to make the proportions nice again. No chop on this one....I like these cabs with the stock height.

I have been gathering junk for it for some time now. About two months or so ago I took it to my friends at PMA Motorsports so they could help me with my chassis. Its a 2x4" tube frame with a decent kickup in the rear and a 4" kick in the front. Right now things are just mostly tacked together. Well heres some of my awesome photography.....

Here it is ready to come off the table.
    [​IMG]

Mock up mode!
    [​IMG]

The body and rear tire "roughly" set on. You can see the bottom sections missing. Im not sure what I am going to do about a box yet
    [​IMG]

Rear suspension in
    [​IMG]

Im running a 440 Chrysler with a three carb Offy intake. I am still gathering stuff to put the engine together. I machined it last year when I was at school, so in that respect its done......
    [​IMG]

Now we are working on getting my wishbones mounted, body squared, firewall and floor in. Then its on to brakes and steering. I cant wait to do the body work on this one. It will end up being a shiny blue color.

Well thats as far as I'll bore anyone who reads this. I really didnt include all the details it took to get to this point, but you'll get the idea. It should be fun and its helping clean some of my parts stash from my basement! haha

Thanks a lot to those who have helped me from here....Vaphead @ Riley, Nick32Vic for providing the original "dream" and giving me your insight, Beatnik for answering all my stupid questions...Ryan too for giving me a place to get ideas and learn stuff and for the Alliance program...its helped me out big time!

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

looks cool.... did you cut the bottom off the cab? looks a little out of proportion with the top unchopped?

3. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Yes, I cut out 2-3" due to it being so rotted. When we get to that point, we are going to replace the sections we cut out. That way it wont look as "squatty". I worked on it last night and put the body up to where it will end up. So the body is actually up 2" now. The cab will be channeled the amount of the frame....

4. BigRed390

BigRed390

I kind of like the body chop with a full top. It's different looking, and it looks like something I wouldn't have to fold myself up to get in. I love chopped cars, but cringe whenever I think of driving one.

5. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

I like chopped stuff too, but I like these unchopped with the similar to stock proportions. Its actually quite roomy.

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

I gotcha.... I just wouldn't want my knees stickin up in the side windows....

7. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Pretty much what I'm doing with my severly rotted '37 Chevy cab. No Idea how much I cut off the body...but its somewhere between 5-7 inches.

8. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

weird man. I was thinking about you and your truck when i came across this thread. Did you say you raised the body up 2 inches?

9. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

You were thinking about me ehh?? Yea the body is now raised up two inches. This is the amount that we cut out. So in the end when we make the rockers, we will also make the inner door structure (bottoms) as well as the lower patch panels for the door. It will look pretty much as it did stock, maybe missing 3/4 inch. But yea, its raised up....just for you little Nicky....haha

10. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

440 power ! How cool.

11. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

It's the only way to fly.....

12. LilDuec

LilDuec

Lookin good man!! I love the engine, different!

13. like it the way it looks now. Rags

14. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Thanks guys.....

Rags, with it raised up the amount we cut out with the rockers it actually doesnt look too much different.