Alright, winter is officially over, finally! Over the past couple weeks I've been gearing up to get the Chrysler out of storage, which first and foremost meant getting wheels and tires back on the car. I blasted and painted some stock 15" '40 Plymouth wheels I had. The set of 30-40 year old Coker Classics on those wheels looked like they have never seen the road, but after a honest assessment I was only comfortable running (2) of them. So I bit the bullet and picked up some brand spankin new Stones to run out front (6.70-15). I had to run tubes on all (4) because my valve stem holes were so elongated that they would not hold a new valve stem. So my idea was to go Incredible Hulk and do-it-yourself extraordinaire by mounting the tires by hand with only a tire iron, and then balance with a HF bubble balancer. The plan was going great until the 2nd rim when I pinched a tube. When I started trying to pry the tire off the rim I realized that this whole idea was more trouble than it was worth, what a pain, I was sweating my ass off, and scratching the shit out of my freshly painted wheel to boot. Frustrated, I ended up hauling the wheels/tires to my buddy who has a machine and got em mounted and balanced for the best-in-town price of a 12 pack. The car does look sinister without the skirts and caps, and I drove it that way for a day, but I just can't resist classing my baby up. I also scored a 1950ish Chrysler steering wheel off of eBay which I'm excited to mount, photo included. Next order of business is to install my new turn signal switch, which will pretty much complete the re-wiring adventure I started last summer, street legal anyway.