Register now to get rid of these ads!

'36 Chevy sedan info needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46chevytruck, Dec 14, 2011.

1. 46chevytruck

46chevytruck

I recently started a '36 Chevy sedan project. My body (the car body, that is) is nice, but no windows or interior bits came with it. Can some kind soul give me some knowledge about the construction of the windshield and the way the windows are fastened into the body, as well as the way they are sealed? Some photos would be ever so helpful, too.

1936 Chevy 2 door sedan
    S10 frame, boxed, narrowed, custom triangulated four-link, coil overs
    Vortec 350, 700R4, set 8" to the rear
    Dodge durango buckets
    Dolphin gauges
    more to come - some photos if I can figure out how...

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

First you need to know WHICH 36 Chevrolet you have, Standard (Model FC, 109" wheelbase) or Master (Model FA w/knee action front or Model FD w/beam axle front, both with 113" wheelbase)?
    If Master or most Standards the body and DOORS are framed in wood like all previous GM cars and pickups.
    BUT some Standard only 2 door sedans and 4 door sedans were built with steel structured doors and a mostly steel structured body. These were, I believe, the trunkless or "flatback" sedans rather than the bustleback Sport Sedans.