Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '36 Chevy Coupe Barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChucksCrib, Apr 5, 2014.

1. That is the same setup I did on my 31. The springs ened up flat with full y finished. user59929_pic23_1341239252_thumb[1].jpg

2. Great build , !!

3. A few updates.....excluding the trans tunnel cover the front floors are welding in and painted....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Threw some primer on the dash and firewall.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also have the wheel and tires dialed in.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

Great progress so far, nice to see an uncommon year/ body style.

5. Nice work Chuck!

6. Looking good! Looks like a solid project

7. zjerry

zjerry

Looking Good.

8. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. Im getting close to firing the engine.......some engine bay plumbing, wiring, assembly Etc. ............Think I have to pull the motor/trans out just one more time to paint the firewall then with a couple Hail Mary's she'll be ready for cruisin' this season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Voh

Voh

What wheels and tires are those? I think they look pretty good!

Keep at it, I have a '37 in the corner waiting her turn....

11. Chevy rally wheels sandblasted, powder coated gloss black with wheel vintique caps

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Very nice, Chuck. You've exhibited good taste in all, and while I usually 'condemn' Must ll fronts I have to say the fit (and installation) are first class.
    My good friend Jack had a MINT '36 Chev., even had the factory skirts. (original paint, too!)
    Car had been stored for 60 years, temp controlled garage. Poor Jack passed away before the tires were replaced...

13. Kind words Mike.........Appreciated. Yeah I get the front end conundrum. I also own a 59 Chevy 1/2 ton which does have the solid axle in front........it grinds on me after a while. wanted to try this out as a welcome change to the jarring ride I'm currently living with. Fat Fenders and people will be none the wiser.

BradinNC likes this.
  14. Shot Wimbledon White on the firewall and dash. Installing the glass is next, but I just couldn't wait to see the dash with some life added to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

volvobrynk, bct, TFoch and 1 other person like this.
  15. I'm really liking how this is turning out.
    Should be a fun ride.

16. Fitted the new rockers and running boards as well......

[​IMG]

BradinNC, volvobrynk and bct like this.
  17. rsg2506

rsg2506

Looks good for a car that's not a 31 Model A on 32 ford rails....just say'n.

Thanks

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. All done........move along........noting else to see here........onto the next project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Install running boards, seat belts and exhaust and chase down a thermostat not opening condition.....then it will really be done. I've only driven it back and forth up the driveway so I'm sure I'll discover other issues once she is on the road and registered.

19. Okay....now its really done....cleaned the paint, running , registered and scaring women and children

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That is one nice rod!
    I just got one question for you;

Does it do burn out?

Video or photo evidence will be acceptable proof!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  21. Oh, I don't believe in such shenanigans:D

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. Was that your car in the pictures posted from the Manchester CT show by tb33anda3rd?

23. Yes

24. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. raidmagic

raidmagic

26. Król

Król

Checked your Chevy out as you were coming in Sunday. Nice job!

27. Thanks everyone

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Southfork

Southfork

Just read your thread. Nice Build! Where did you get the rockers and running boards for a 36 Standard???

29. gatz

gatz

nice job Chuck ! The PO will surely be jealous.
    Did they use "dipper" rods for journal oil on the original engines back then?

My grand-dad had a '36 Coupe like it as their main car until about '62 or so; then they got a 56 Merc
    Grand-dad just about put grandma through the windshield the first time he stepped on the brakes.....he wasn't used to power anything.

The '36 was the first car I ever "drove"....by this I mean when I was about 4yrs old, my dad and grand-dad were in a pasture checking out the water level in a creek.
    I couldn't resist pushing that shiny button on the dash.... I knew it did something.
    The car started right up and beings it was left in gear, proceeded right to the creek.
    Had a few laughs over that..... later on.

I can still recall grand-dad stuffing a young calf in the trunk to take to another town for sale.

Then there was the time; unbeknownst to grand-dad and grandma, my sister climbed into the trunk after a Christmas play because she didn't want to go home with our parents that night. (never did hear why)

Only when they got home, did she knock on the trunk lid to let them know she was in there.
    She kinda caught heck over that.
    Kids....