Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 36 5 window is gone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willowbilly3, Sep 28, 2017.

1. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I spent half a lifetime looking for a pre war coupe I could afford and got this last spring. A couple months later got diagnosed with leukemia and the reality was I'd never get to it. Then got offered a butt load of money for it which will be more than enough to finish my 40 panel and a couple other projects. Ah well, It was cool to think about it with the 315 hemi I have setting between the rails.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff, clunker, Fern 54 and 2 others like this.
  2. town sedan

town sedan

That's tough, I wish you the best. My dad use to talk about the first car he bought after coming home from WWII, a "third hand" (as he put it) '36 five window. I've wanted one ever since and like the sound of your idea for the big little hemi too.

Oh well, good fortune to you moving forward.
    -Dave

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Positive thoughts your way with your health and may you get your other rides together to help bolster the road ahead.

Regards,
    Stogy

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

tough way to have to face up to reality but, wise to do what you have done - plus, helps to have the financial wherewithal, and inspiration, to complete your panel - by having a ride that you can be on the road with will be great - then set time aside to work on another project - take care

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Billy, hang in there.A good friend of mine was diagnosed with leukemia and is doing just fine.. Prayers sent.

Gary

6. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Praying for you, best to you and yours!

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Praying for the best. At least you have other nearly finished projects that can be finished.
    Hope the 36 went to a good home and will be someone's coveted project.

8. clunker

clunker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Boston MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

You'll beat it, stay positive, take care of yourself. There will be lots of cars to mess with later.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. Smiffy

Smiffy

Hard news for anyone. Praying for you and your loved ones.

10. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Thanks guys. The car went to my neighbor across the road so I'll be able to watch work progress. Sadly though, he puts Chevy engines in everything.