Register now to get rid of these ads!

350 chevy with BOP trans how to?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skenny'schopshop, Mar 20, 2011.

1. trying to get motor and trans together on the cheap side i have the trans at wor its good and its free so thats my price a budy has the motor so has any one had good luck with theis set up can get the adaptor from summit for 60 to do it just wondering if i should or try and find a 350 trans for it

2. 42 chevy

42 chevy

I have not done it but would definately do it. Too bad that you don't have a BOP engine, I run an Olds 350 that has surprised many people with it's power. I may go to an overdrive trans and may use one to mate the Chevy to my Olds engine.

3. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

One thing about the adapter is that the torque converter is now 1/4" more forward than it usually is?

How does this work?

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have installed a few, albeit going the other way. The converter did not seem to mind being 1/4" out.

TH350's are a dime-a-dozen, though, as are 700R4's.

5. Transdapt... gives you the spacers for the converter as well for around $80

Summits is ok but don't use "Speedways" tinfoil setup!

6. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I've used the summit adaptor. Worked great for me.

7. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I had one on an old 76 Gran Prix hobby stock car. It took the rigors of dirt track racing ok.