Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 35 Roadster PU in Sydney Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Lover, May 29, 2022.

1. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

I 0-1.jpg 0-2.jpg 0-4.jpg 0-5.jpg 0-6.jpg 0-7.jpg 0-8.jpg thought worth sharing.A mate was at the show on Sat and took these pics.

2. uncle buck

uncle buck

I like it much better than the original Ute design

Dangerousdan likes this.
  3. That thing is so classy looking it’s long , low and elegant .

can’t Wait to see it complete

4. goldmountain

goldmountain

I like the fact that the steering is going on the right side to mess up the minds of the "purists".

5. I don't understand? It's in a RHD country.

6. uncle buck

uncle buck

Things that make you go Hmn….

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy and X38 like this.
  7. Well seing as the build sheet info is for all to see down under can he get registration with a replica chassis and all those other non-original parts ? I believe if a modified car like that showed up at the Aussie docks as a import it would be a hassle to get through customs .

8. Depends on the state and how it's processed. As you know, different states have different systems. I don't see a problem.

34 GAZ likes this.
  9. goldmountain

goldmountain

I mean that in a land of Utes, a '35 roadster pickup is believable as being stock.

10. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-6-29_4-33-15.png “Never produced by Henry Ford”
    Great build photos and presentation !!! Even the aluminum color looks good… well done.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/friday-art-show-3-4-22.1257772/#post-14405710

upload_2022-6-29_4-35-7.png
    So, it was a possible build for some talented builder… yes!

Hello,

Since RPUS were always a favorite for both my brother and me, I drew what was a rare, if any were built, custom, 1936 Ford roadster pickup. The front grille was just begging it to be turned into a roadster pick up. The cool grille, the side louvers/vents, the unusual hood, all were a part of being different in builds. Access to the motor compartment would be easier as well as stylish with the long louvers.
    upload_2022-6-29_4-36-34.png extended cab long bed

But, as teenager’s growth spurts are a thing for a lot of people, we had to take into consideration that there was just not a lot of room in a standard open roadster seating area. The Model A Coupe we purchased, told us that something was going to happen to the inside seating area if we had kept the coupe for the first time hot rod build. Two big teenagers had a cramped seating style inside and that would not do for cruising around or even driving in the upcoming races.

Jnaki

So for this first round of artwork, the standard red color open cab was extended and the bed was the long version. Now at least two big teenagers could fit comfortably inside.

For the second round of designs, a normal open cockpit body style would be used and the seats modified to be pushed as far back as possible with a short bed for matching design of a pickup. The rake would be a design that could not be passed up in the roadster pickup style.
    upload_2022-6-29_4-37-38.png short bed +cab
    Finally, a lockable bed cover inside and lower than the rails to keep the old hot rod style in place when viewed from the side or behind. Valuables like a short surfboard or camera equipment that would be away from prying eyes, when making a pit stop at a diner or on road trips.

Old Friday Art upload_2022-6-29_4-38-37.png
    a slight rake angle and air shocks in the rear would compensate for any additions added to the bed of the truck, under the lowered tarp cover or in the open bed. YRMV
    upload_2022-6-29_4-39-42.png original idea came from this old photo I took...

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

Neat concept.

The only thing that really looks out of place, is the tail light stands. Kinda clunky. Everything else flows really well and then there's those things.

I'm sure that once he gets word that I don't like them, he will change them...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022