Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs '35 Phaeton finally pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29EHV8, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Well finally I've got around to putting some pics up of my phaeton. I got this car last Sept where we pulled it out of a garage. I bought it off of a 80 y.o. guy who had it for over 40 years. He got it out of San Diego.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

283 with 2x2s, '39 trans, '35 diff, WayBack Garage dropped axle, reverse eye spring with two leafs removed, flattened rear x-member.

-Shiny

2. bct

bct

super cool .....nice car

3. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Hey Sean, very nice ride. You are making the right changes to it. Are you going to run a top?

4. Thanks guys. Steve yes I'm gonna run a top. The windshield is chopped so I am going to build my own bows and put the brand new top I got with the car on it. Of course chopping it down.

-Shiny

5. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two seats,twice the fun!Way Kool!

6. .........And a pristine body to start with; must have been in storage many years....

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yowsers!!! That thing is awesome! Did you end up getting that clutch mess cleared up? I love it and it makes me excited!

8. HOLY SHIT! cool a hell dude, even though it was "snatched" from the states!:eek::D:D about damm time those pic's showed up!:rolleyes:

9. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Cool. Very cool.
    [​IMG]

10. JJ,
    Yeah I figured the clutch out. I took the old 60s B&B pressure plate and cut the fingers down to give clearance for the throwout collar. It works good and didn't cost anything. There is nowhere to get the 49-51 mercury pressure plates any more so you gotta look for options right?:D

The kids and wifey are stoked on the car, can't wait to cruise it lots with them. Plans call for upholstery and paint it a dark color later on.

-Shiny

11. Oh yeah, 55 Dude, you were just sleeping at the wheel and didn't notice it on Craigslist quick enough:D

-Shiny

12. I knew they were big, but had no idea you could get the whole playground in one!

JH

[​IMG]

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that last pic with makes the roll bar look a little funny. ;)

great car. very cool.

14. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

15. sololobo

sololobo

Lawdy Lawdy Miss Clawdy!! What a cool machine, the whole family will have the big ol grins ridin in this super car. Congrats on a rare hotrod! Thanx for sharin it with us. ~Sololobo~

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep! That' pretty much kicks ass!

17. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Wow, that's gonna be awesome. Great score!

And I, too, am impressed with the swing-set rollbar.

18. Well my kids wanted to be like the city kids and wanted a DVD player installed in the car, but I told them to remember this is a traditional car and so we compromised and put an old swingset in the back. Now the city kids will be totally envious eh!:D

-Shiny

19. Love the way the car sits, you've nailed the look.

20. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

I had to look twice thought it was a roll bar:D

21. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

I love it!!!!!!!!!!

22. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

nice ride,it's a keeper

23. hemifarris

hemifarris

Shiny, Did your '35 come with the chopped windshield and posts? I have a '36 phaeton that I want to install a chopped windshield and posts. If you bought them, could you tell me from where? Thanks...Mike....Nice car.

24. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

don't know how to write that gutteral back of the throat growly sound, but these are among my favorite cars of all time. I missed an argentine import about 15 years back--cursed college days. enjoy!

25. Thanks guys, and yes its a keeper.... well maybe:D

Mike, it came with the chopped posts, I cut the windshield. The guy (sorry forgot your HAMB name) that bought Titus' '36 roadster just bought some chopped posts new. I'll look for the link.

The cars been a blast, took the family out in it last night for a good rip. Just playing with the pcv right now and after that its good to go!
    I may have time this week to tackle the chopped roof I wanna build for it.

-Shiny

26. Race@Rockets

Race@Rockets

Saw this in person in Monroe yesterday...bad ass Shiny, the chopped top looks perfect. Thanks again for giving me first crack at that A pickup cab... Still trying to figure out where im gonna put it.