Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 35 Ford Coupe home at last.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kickstarter, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

After 40 plus hours of driving, getting stuck in the snow storm for a day, the 35 coupe is home. Making a list of what I need and what has to be done, and hope to start on it next week. I guess I'll start a build thread when I get started on it. Just glad its home for now. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424293276.071254.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424293676.989765.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424293716.326705.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424293747.411236.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    rich17 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man that's killer, I'm excited for ya!!! I'm a fellow '35 owner and here in Charlotte, NC. What are your plans???

3. HunterSpeed

HunterSpeed
    from Austin, TX

You already have some amazing pics there. Imagine when the project is actually done! Good stuff, best of luck with the build.

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

What a great picture!! Wow. Good luck on your project. Yep make it a build thread.
    [​IMG]

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looks like it could be pretty solid; is it? Did you get a whole car; i.e. fenders hood grille?

6. chiro

chiro

I think the picture of the doors in the living room is better:D:D

Andy

timwhit likes this.
  7. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Great pic in front of barn. Great car to build. Good luck

8. Love the barn!!!!!! Oh, and the car looks great too. Appears to be really solid. Glad for you. tim

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. Looks like a great body,good solid start. HRP

10. anothermoneypit

anothermoneypit
    from CT

is that a tieota towing that baby? blasphemy.

cool car and pics

11. brady1929

brady1929

12. capt ronn

capt ronn

Great car, cool pics. I just picked up a 36 five window myself last weekend but I got lucky , mine was only 30 miles away!

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

They go through bad weather just like a tank.:p

ice storm 1.jpg

14. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Plans are to get it back together and running by October to drive up to The Race Of Gentlemen then get it ready for paint next winter. I've got a flathead and an early 283 sitting in the shop, I'm leaning towards the 283, just because I have more parts to build one. Basically I'm shooting for a mid to late fifties style, and will most likely be black with a bit of chrome.

I've got the body, doors, rolling frame and a few other parts. The big things I need are fenders, hood and grille. I do have a near perfect 36 hood that I would be willing to trade for 35 parts.

15. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

And yes it was a Toyota towing the trailer. I'd be broke if I drove my ramp truck up there, and my 62 would have taken a couple weeks to make it. lol. I'll give the Toyota credit though, it got me off the interstate and to a place to stay for a day while there were lots of stuck vehicles out there on the road.

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's close to how I built mine. I have a 265 backed by a '39 ford trans and banjo. I might upgrade the rear to a a banjo with pull out axles one day but as for right now the only thing that I NEED to do is rumble seat upholstery.

If you have any questions hit me up. Oct is a tight deadline but definitely doable if you don't have to do things twice.

[​IMG]

waxhead likes this.
  17. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

The drums on the front have cut outs in them, any idea what year they might be?

18. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

JefferyJames, I think Terd was telling me about yours last year at the Trog. Very nice! Sits just right.

19. Love those pictures, well done!!

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Those cutouts were stock for 35 mechanical brakes or used in Mountainous areas I think. Can't quite remember but fairly common.

Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it!

21. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like your plan. I'd use a T5 behind the FH or a 4 speed behind the 283. I know the T5 is not even close to traditional, but I think it's the single biggest performance improvement you can make to a FH. JMHO

22. Cool pics. Where did you have to travel to? Looks like a nice solid start.

23. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Correct, you have mech brake drums. '35 & '36 spindles / hubs were longer than later juice brake hubs, so you will need to swap spindles to run later drums if you're going with juice brakes. Most common choice would be is '37 - '41 round back spindles.

24. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Great feeling pulling into the driveway, isn't it? It took us almost a month to get decent weather (decent......considering it was -15F when we pulled out of the driveway to head south) to get our '37 and then we had to outrun an ice storm on the way home.

Enjoy your new toy!
    SPark

Attached Files: