Register now to get rid of these ads!

35 Ford chasssis autocad drawings wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toprodz, Nov 30, 2006.

1. toprodz

toprodz

Hi Guys
    I am trying to find some autocad drawings of a 35 ford chassis, as I have to repair a seriously rusted one. I tried the search option first and found some drawings for A's, 32's and 34's etc. I am going to have the new rails laser cut to suit and also cut the boxing plates at the same time, I am trying to save a few days work drawing them as I am a little new to the autocad design
    Thanx in advance

Peter
    Melbourne Australia

2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

they ain't cad, but Wescott's has drawings available on their web site

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just curious what you're thinking of running for a power plant. That 35 frame is real stout! We're running a fairly built SBC in our 35 coupe and didn't do anything except box the front of the frame for the front suspension. That thing doesn't flex at all man. Just a thought for you.

Post some pics! Let's see what you're up to! Welcome to the HAMB!

4. I have fullsize dwg and dxf files for the side rails. If you want I can email them or whatever we have to do to get them to you. I would like any files you would make from them in return. Plotter files, or CNC, programs or whatever.
    Send me a PM

5. h0twired

h0twired
    from Winnipeg

Didn't you have to widen the X-member at all?

Do you have any pictures of the rolling chassis with the SBC/tranny/driveshaft in place?

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We removed the big chunk of metal that connects the x-member at the center. Then we installed the trans mount plate kit (top and bottom) that brings the strenth back to the x-member center. Only thing we had to do to the x-member was notch just a tiny bit for the TH350 trans pan and cut a small hole in the side where the speedometer cable goes through (do this before the body is on or it will SUCK). That's it! It was super slick. It's a tight fit, but it was almost as if it was supposed to be there. You shouldn't have to widen anything and for that matter if you did, I don't think the body would sit over the frame the way it's supposed to.

I have no digital pictures, but I will try to scan what I have. I have pictures of every step, pretty much. Give me some time. I'm not even sure where the album is at off hand. In the mean time, if you need any help, just ask. I'd be glad to help.

Scooter

EDIT: BTW... the trans mount kit was from Chassis Engineering, in Iowa. Great products and nice people!