Register now to get rid of these ads!

35 chevy questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tlowe, Mar 6, 2007.

1. tlowe

tlowe

guy's, i am new at this old car stuff. i want to build a 34-35 chevy 2 door sedan with a souped up 292 inline six. i have located a 35 master sedan with suicide doors and have a few questions. how would this car look fenderless in front, maybe just motorcycle fenders? second i really like the look of the older straight axles, like used on fords. how well do they drive and is it doable. i am very good at fab work and can handle all chassis work. as far as the fenderless part, i understand that some work will need to be done to rad shell to blend it to the frame and lower areas. what do you think? tom

p.s. anyone got a 34-35 standard or master to sell?

2. tomcat46

tomcat46

Sorta like this?

Tom

[​IMG]

3. tlowe

tlowe

thats it who's ride is that? your's? that is what i am envisioning. are there more pics? maybe you could just sell it to me. just kidding, i want to see more pics of that car. it looks as though it has a must II suspension. tom

4. tomcat46

tomcat46

This is one of my favorite cars, ever! To me, when I picture a "traditional" hotrod, this is it. It was built back in the day, and all the old speed parts and details are still on it.

The car belongs to Glen Cox, here in Salt Lake. Glen built this car back in the 50's and still drives it. He refurburbished it a few years ago, but didn't really change it. He's shown me articles about the car in old "little book" mags from back when he first built it. Glen is an old salt flats racer/builder and used to run his own antique automotive shop, he's retired now. Both he and the car are true hotrod history.

Glen's sons are friends of mine, and I don't think they will ever let that car out of their family.

You really have to see this car to appreciate the details. It's channelled 7-8 inches, the floor seems like its half way up the door! If it was chopped he couldn't get in it.

Check out the homemade intake manifold, it's a work of art. And no mustang II front end, back then mustangs were horses or planes.

I'll load a few more pictures in my photobucket for you to check out:
    http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k18/tomcat46/misc/

freindly P.S. Post an into on the intro page before someone gets on your case about it.:)

Another Tom