Register now to get rid of these ads!

35 and 36 coupe knowitalls. I need your help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Acey_Deucey, Nov 25, 2008.

1. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Hey guys. I just bought the remains of a 36 3 window out in montana a couple days ago. Just got it home tonight. Its the back half of a 3w and its pretty freakin rough. But for $150 im not about to complain. Anyhow, my question is, how much of the 5w coupe parts will interchange with it. My quarters are pretty beat but if 3w quarters are different i will save them. It has no doors or cowl but i got a free 36 tudor to help with that. It has a decklid(is that 3w only or do 5ws work too?). I will post pics tomorrow. But beware.....shes BEAT!

2. cowl and windshield frame are about it. Trunk lid may fit, I would have to compare the 3w against the 5w in the morning.

3. 58Lincoln

58Lincoln

Trunk lid is the same for 3w and 5w coupe.

4. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

thanks for the info so far guys!

5. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

The doors are unique to 3w coupes. The lowers are the same as a 2 dr sedan, but the uppers are unique to the 3w. Very hard to find. Expect to pay about $1000 a piece for decent doors. The deck lid and fenders are the same as a 5W. The inside garnish is unique as well and difficult to find.

Good luck.

Doug

6. beater32

beater32

I've put together a 3w doing basically the same as you are.Yep,trunk lid is the same.5w quarters are longer and need to be shortened about a foot(cant remember exactly how much)to allow for the longer 3w doors. I had to make new B pillars as well as i only had sedan ones and the 3w were totally different and i think the 5w w are as well.Any ??? just flick me a pm,i have pics somewhere i think....

7. toddc

toddc

Did I miss the pics? Or does someone still need to post them;)