Register now to get rid of these ads!

35 3W build off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chrisp, Feb 20, 2007.

1. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

This has got to be one of my favorite builds. You have some talent man!

2. Dirk35

Dirk35

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. chrisp

chrisp

Sorry, I'm first on the waiting list.

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

How are you going to make the doors clear the fenders?

5. skratch

skratch

cool !

one of these days..i'll be able to do it like that too...

very cool.

6. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Chrisp,you feel like shit compared to the roof,are you kidding?
    your work looks amazing.

7. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Impressed beyond words...looks better than any 3 window Ford ever built, and is pretty much totally hand fabbed...the lines just flow like butter.... amazing, simply amazing! Post more pics when you can, i love seeing your work.

8. chrisp

chrisp

They already clear, it just needed some persuation.

9. skratch

skratch

who cares..why would you want to get of the car...?

that car is bad acid.

10. sledish

sledish

Totally amazing transformation.

11. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

That looks like a Brockway grille.What an awesome build you have there.NICE!!!:D

12. Funny how Plymouth and Ford work together.I used Plymouth bumpers on the roadster and it makes the car.Good choice on the fenders.Now all the work really starts.TBJ Salue mon amie....

13. TommyLeDouche

TommyLeDouche

That is an amazing piece of work! Its really cool to see people with such talent transform a still cool but not as desireable sedan into a very beautifully build couple like that.

14. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

Chris is doing and amazing job, he is one of my best guys! A project like this requires alot of creativity, patience, skill, determination, and...BALLS to pull off.

The roof insert was made by Bobby Walden in Pomona, we supplied him with patterns made by Chris and he rolled one out. (it was a little deep for our English wheel, it required a Pullmax)

I am glad you guys like it, no one has really seen it yet...except the HAMB.

time-bomb john: I have seen the pics of your car -- IT IS AMAZING, I really like it! Hope to see it in person. Glad that you are following our project!

Troy

15. THEKID49

THEKID49

That is some beautiful work. The flow from front to rear is amazing.

16. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Hands down my favorite build thread EVER!!! Can't wait for the next installment...

17. Jey

Jey

18. mcload

mcload

All I have to say is "outstanding"! Your client must have deep pockets to be bringing such a project to your shop. I'm always amazed at how guys like you cobble, chop, and weld pieces from cars with unlike years together. Yes, add me to the list of those who would like to see updates. Good luck!

19. brainfrz

brainfrz

Just went through your build, congrats on an job well done. Keep up the creativity. and the picture taking. I agree, people may not respect the work thats goes into this and any custom, but when you see it first hand, SPEECHLESS!

Jon

20. Rusty

Rusty

Definately a Step above!!! Awesome work

Rusty

21. Bondobob

Bondobob

Thank you so much for all the great pictures and descriptions. This is how we all learn. The part I love the most is that if you don't like something you just make it right no matter what it takes. My brother keeps telling me it's too much work to do such and such. I tell him it's not about the work. Keep those pictures coming!

22. man this is turning out nice!!!I hope you make the trunk spacious,for all the trophies that need to be hauled home.
    exellent build my friend.hats off to you!

23. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

I love all the curves and swoops...

-W

24. 53burb

53burb

I look at this thread as if you are a surgeon. You just recieved a patient that has been grossly dis-figured in a bad car wreck. You found some donor parts (this case a '36 sedan) and did what ya had to do to save it and you made the right decisions on how you were going to bring it back to life like nothing ever happened. All I can say is thank god there are people like you out there that know how to save an operation gone bad! Great work you have done and props to Troy and the boys over at HollyWood Hot Rods in Burbank. KNUX! One more thing that I like of Chrisp' work..."At first I was going to save the coupe with a lot of fabrication, but when I came accross the $1000 sedan I new it was going to save a lot of money to the customer"......... That right there is golden to find a way to save the customer $$$$$$ and yourself alot of headache and time and you found a way to make it work on his '35 build. Just awesome in my books!!!!!!

25. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Amazing work!!!!

26. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Nice! Amazing work

27. What He said. Very impressive.

28. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

ditto. Can't wait to see it finished, What color will it be, or did I miss that?