Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 34Larry Reply to MY TINE HERE WILL BE LIMITED FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Apr 12, 2021.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

MY TIME HERE WILL BE LIMITED FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE REPLY.

OMG,OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you everyone for your so caring replies. I have a few minuets while Jan is napping and logged in. You guys are really unreal, such magnificent messages of support. I just could not believe the overwhelming responses, you have put tears in this old mans eyes.
    A little about yesterday, Sunday, while I'm able to be here.

Jim, my auto guru neighbor called and asked if I'd drive his ' 48 Olds he finished up last year down to his place of work because he is selling it and it is being picked up there. Jan's daughter was here so that made it possible to do that for him, which I enjoyed immensely.
    In returning home, it was a beautiful sunny day, with a cold wind from the north, but pleasant and my Ford needed to be driven to check out if I got the the leaks fixed (which I did),. So I put a few miles on it and also enjoyed. that immensely.
    Got to go, I am really indebted to all of you for your encouragement, caring and support and could never repay in kind what you have done for my mental health.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  2. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Cool Larry....keep on keep'n on!

Lil32, David Robert Phelps and Thor1 like this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

As the saying goes “keep in keeping on”. I read through the experiences so many are going through and realize the stuff I have on my plate is of no significance. This place has a way of putting things into perspective. Not just building something, but real life shit.

4. Larry, I'm sure I speak for everyone else here when I say we are glad to help in any way we can. I've learned (over the years as a lurker) that this site isn't just about cars, it's about people!
    Glad you got a little 'mental health' time yesterday!

5. spanners

spanners

Larry, take it from someone who cared for his terminally ill wife 32 years ago. Carried her to the toilet every hour or so for close to 3 months till she passed. Slept on a mattress on the floor next to her bed so I was nearby. Devoted every hour to her but if the opportunity arose I took some time for myself. Went for a spin in the car or motorbike. If you don't, it'll grind you down as well and you won't be any use to your wife. We're thinking of you.

6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heya Larry, I always enjoy your posts, and I'm REALLY happy to read this one. It sound like you are able to get a little bit of "normal life" despite your situation:). We are all rooting for you. Stay well my friend.

7. ken bogren

ken bogren

Thanks for stopping by Larry, it's good to hear you had a chance to get a few minutes of "Larry" time.

8. belair

belair

Self-care is NOT selfish.

9. 34Larry

34Larry

God has a special place in heaven for men of your devotion.

10. spanners

spanners

Larry. I'm not a religious type of bloke but thank you.

Lil32, chryslerfan55 and hotrodjack33 like this.