Register now to get rid of these ads!

348 In a 51 Chevy...I got some questions....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Denich, Mar 13, 2010.

1. John Denich

John Denich

I am planning on putting a 348 in my 51 Chevy its a 58 engine, I have a small block in there now, can I use the same mounts, and will a TH350 bolt up to it and what converter do I use? any help would be great! I am pretty sure the mounts are the same!

John

2. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

the mounts are the same and a th350 will bolt up to it...not sure about the converter..

3. Check the clearance between the oil pan and the steering center link.Not sure of the setup on a 51 but I had to cut my oil pan for clearance when putting a 348 in a 56 Chevy.

4. John Denich

John Denich

My Chevy has a TCI IFS in it now should be okay I will measure it, thanks for the heads up!

5. You will be fine John, other than the sixpack, enlarged pecs and virility a W Motor brings to the equation! ;)

6. John Denich

John Denich

so even the converter will work?

7. Should be fine. There are issues with the starters(bolt placement) and I forget teh ring gear size. Our social group should help, if not, www.348-409.com has a good tech section