Register now to get rid of these ads!

348 Chevy 3X2 manifold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Itchijohnson, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Itchijohnson

Itchijohnson
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Guys, I need a litlle help locating an aluminum 3X2 Chevy 348 manifold. I have a cast manifold for my tri power set up but would like to get an aluminum one if I can find one. I have checked Edelbrock and Offenhauser with no luck. Anybody know of a company that makes this manifold?

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I dont believe there was ever an aftermarket alum 3x2 for a 348, there are 4x2 and 6x2 though

3. Itchijohnson

Itchijohnson
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Yeah, Ive seen the other manifold's. Just seems strange no mfg ever reproduced this manifold. I mean shit Edelbrock is making Aluminum heads for these motors.

4. Moriarity is right, I've been looking for years.

5. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

You guys can save your time looking. That's one intake nobody ever thought was important enough to duplicate for the aftermarket. Sorry guys, why do you think the 2x4, 4x2, and 6x2 are so popular for the W block engines?

6. igorw

igorw

Check out 348-409.com there have been discussions about producing an aluminum 3 x 2. I think Bruneau Performance and Bob Walla Racing have kicked the idea around. BWR is actually in the process of building aluminum blocks for the W.

7. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Just to let everyone know we are currently working on new aluminum manifolds for both the 348/409 and the higher hp 409 only with the taller ports for use with our Six Shooter packages. Although we don't sell just the manifolds for these packages separately it is at least another alternative for you guys out there that want something new that works better. We have had a lot of inquiries both on the phone and at the shows asking to offer something for the 348's and 409's so hopefully in about 90 days or so it will be available.

8. Well, that's interesting! Please post some pics ASAP!

Max

9. Itchijohnson

Itchijohnson
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Aw well, just mind boggling..:confused: Dick I took a look at your web site... Nice work

10. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Will do. It will be a little while as we are just in the beginning stages of it but as quick as we get a prototype ready I'll post some of them up.

11. geoking

geoking

I ordered a new speed-port 6000 from Aubrey Bruneau and have not seen it yet. Has anyone else bought one? received it?
    regards,
    George

12. geoking

geoking

Just a reminder, I paid for,...but never received an intake from Bruneau Performance. I will continue to send an occassional reminder as I do not want anyone else to lose their money.
    regards,
    George